Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a school of thought that keeping the name of victims of sexual aggression private or hidden propagates the idea that the victim has something to be ashamed of. I'm not neither endorsing nor rejecting that premise just putting it out there.

As for Sony/CBS nipping it in the bud, they can't. In a world of Twitter and message boards and TMZ they can't control how this kind of thing gets out. All they can do is try to make sure that their people handle it according to whatever crisis communications plan they have in place. If they can prove that one of their employees leaked her name then they can deal with it. It probably would've been good if they had asked actors not to Tweet or comment but that's water under the bridge now.

• Members

KSJ can be as pissed as he wants. There's no reason for Muhney to say anything. His career is over and anything he says can open CBS/Sony and maybe him personally up to a lawsuit.

The ONLY thing that Muhney can say now to make things easier would be for him to go to rehab for sex, drugs, alcohol, gambling, whatever and ask everyone to respect his privacy and that of his former co-workers. The fact that his ass isn't on the way to Promises Malibu right now tells me that whoever is advising him is doing a lousy job. Maybe then his stans would shift their attention to supporting him through his "treatment" in some constructive way instead of spewing caps lock conspiracy vomit all over the internet.

• Members

To take away from placing all the blame directly onto MM's doorstep. He caused all this mess and it's clear that fact is too much for some folks to comprehend. All of this lashing out in "defense" towards anyone and everyone who isn't MM.

It just HAS to be somebody else's fault.

First it was HKK, then it was JFP, then it was Sony/CBS, then it was McDaniel, then it was Braeden.

Will it be Jerry's fault now?

• Members

Whats the big deal about this guy? How the heck did he get so popular? I thought the guy he replaced was much better (Chris Engen). The character of Adam became so despicable and unlikeable under MM so its amazing how the character has become so popular. MM isnt even attractive IMO, so i cant see his looks being what people are going crazy over

• Members

I don't think he *is* that popular. I think this is just a result of the fact that there are only four soaps left and audience is made up disproportionately of hardcore fans. This isn't that different than the OLTL/GH/PP craziness. The majority of people don't care but the ones who do act like cats in a pillowcase.

• Members

Now might be the time to do that. The back and forth bickering with the crazy is not doing anyone any good at this point. Even crazy stans are customers of the product Sony/CBS is trying to sell.

Personally, if I were in charge I would ask that only positive tweets of support to Hunter go out and that the actors not engage with fans on the matter at all going forward. Interesting that Sony is letting them duke it out. They must have their reasons. *shrugs*.

• Members

Nothing he does will make any difference at this point. If he tells his fans to leave HHK alone he is acknowledging the "rumor" that he did something to her. That puts him in the role of her savior which only highlights his role as her alleged victimizer. Then his fans will turn around and attack her harder because he's being so "nice." He already tweeted that "be kind to everyone" pablum. It just added fuel to the fire. What needs to happen is that everyone connected with the show needs to STFU but it doesn't look like that has occurred to anyone.

Agreed. I'm mystified as to why they haven't done something internally to shut this noise down.

• Members

My point on the HHK thing is why mention her. Why not say MM sexually harassed a co-worker.

I feel that unless the victim themself wants their name known it should stay private

As far as KSJ Im surprised he is calling for MM to speak out. I would assume KSJ would chalk up the fact that MM hasnt spoken up to a legal issue. He may not be able to

Archived