Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MM spoke to NB to get his side of the story out ASAP. In the middle of the drama he quoted Ben Franklin. He clearly had a message to send and his fanatics recieved it loud and clear. They started attacking his costars and they defend themselves and the poor girl in the center of it. Good for them.

• Members

I am sorry for what HK is going through but in the end it's probably better for it to just be out there. Otherwise you'd be seeing speculation and screencaps of every actress on the show. People would be speculating it was an affair gone wrong with one of the actresses his age or saying it was SC or MCE during a rehearsal for a love scene that got taken out of context. Frankly, the fact that HK is barely out of her teens makes it look a lot worse for MM, and that might be the reason some of the fans at SOC and DC have finally accepted reality. If some of the fans can refuse to believe he did that to a young girl, imagine how much worse it would be with an allegation with no name attached.

• Members

There are the equally delusional people out there who aren't all Caps Lock over it. They keep rhapsodizing about the supposed culture at Y&R and Sony or CBS, the dysfunction at Y&R, trying to tie this back into a larger meta-issue of the set and how people have been treated at Y&R historically.

That's a lot of bullshit. It's a weasel tactic to try and depersonalize this incident and take the focus off MM and what he's apparently done. It signals to me that a number of people have accepted, for themselves, that this is likely true and now they're trying to find an external cause and effect to attribute it to that allows them to preserve their admiration for the actor and their extreme attachment to him.

I wish they'd stop with the pretentious horseshit. This has nothing to do with the culture at Y&R or its history backstage. This only has to do with one man groping one woman.

• Members

I don't buy that MM is very popular. I mean, look how little money they could come up with for that banner. I think that like every soap actor, he has a small group of crazy vocal fans who are willing to go the distance. However, he will be gone soon and that will be the end. Those crazy ass Michelle Stafford fans went away too.

• Members

I think he is more popular than some would care to admit and vice versa. I think that his fans are overvaluing him as an actor but I also think his non-fans are underestimating his popularity. I for the life of me can't figure out why he's s popular. I do think he is a decent actor...not the best but not the worst and his character has done some despicable things. I guess he was whitewashed enough for some to accept him but while I don't loathe Adam as I once did, I still don't like him and will be glad when he is gone.

• Members

I agree. The actors are keeping it up and now they are being attacked because of it. I think after JM and DD tweeted and were attacked then the others should have backed off as well. I think they meant well (all except EB) but its adding fuel to the fire while giving MM exactly what he wants....attention. I'm sure his ego is well fed by now.

• Members

I agree. And because he made himself accessible to his hardcore fans via social media, they are all like ride or die since all this happened.

There was a reply to the KSJ tweet about MM "setting the record straight" in which this person sent a slew of tweets to KSJ, all very disturbing.

• Members

I have been following this conversation for weeks now and there reaches a point where an open mind morphs into grasping at straws. He is not being sued so I don't know what the legal issue could be. In fact, if he was innocent wouldn't he be suing everyone else for smearing his good name and damaging his career? Every actor that has commented on the subject has declined to come to his defense. Read between the lines. I think it was MAB that said he should have been fired much earlier. The guy seems to have done it. I may be misremembering things, but isn't it true he has yet to deny it?

The victim may have preferred her name not be public but once TMZ picked up the story that was no longer an option and therefore no longer a need for anyone to be discrete on that subject. In a continued effort to cling to MM being the wronged party you are ignoring every aspect of the real issue--MM and the groping of actresses--and instead zero in on "KSJ should know MM can't speak" "EB gives these interviews when he is no saint himself". All of that is peripheral nonsense meant to evade the real topic, sorry. I get you are a fan of this guy, but I think it might be time to consider he might be a guy who doesn't deserve your fandom.

• Members

That is a very good point. If he hadn't harassed HK (or if that wasn't the reason he was fired), Muhney would be screaming it from the rooftops that he's innocent. Nobody would sit back and be unfairly accused of something like this, least of all somebody with Muhney's proclivity for ego-maniacal outbursts. Add that to everything else and, once again, there's no way he can be defended.

• Members

Once again and for the FINAL Time

I dont care about MM dont even watch YR much

Originally when we had no clue what happened I was shocked people were so happy MM got fired given that he has family to support

Once it came out later that day from SharonRocks on here that MM groped HHK, I became concerned for and horrified that her name was made public.

Personally I feel that if the voctim wants their name out there it shpuld be their call and no one elses.

So saying well TMZ picked it up so its moot point I see as BS. Its still horrible that HHK was thrown under a bus to sell a story

In fact HHK is the only one being a class act in all of this

Maybe her cast-mates should follow suit with how she has handled it all

Archived