Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He rambled on about life choices for a while but there are two parts that caught my eye that was about the show and the situation --

It started off with him basically saying that this show has been around for 40 years and some of the actors have been on for 20+ of them, himself included - handpicked by Bill Bell. He admits that he has seen with his own eyes newer actors come in and either respect the vets or make it their mission to outshine them. Egos run amok on that stage but some don't know how to put it in check and it in the end just hurts them. He then goes on to say that Y&R is a family. It takes a village to do what they do and right now that village is being attacked.

Then he said this:

Their hands are tied? Seems to me that a gag order has been put in place. He tweeted a few people basically hinting no one can talk, including MM, so attacking them serves no real purpose other than to make them attack back in frustration. I can't imagine what the set must be like right now. I am sure they are getting all kind of hate packages on the daily.

Jan. 30 needs to arrive because once he is off the screen I think it will die down.

• Members

I agree. Once MM is off the screen, all the furor will die down. All the MM fans who swear not to watch, will either leave or stay and shut up.

The fact that the actors were dropping hints and tiptoeing around the whole thing indicated a gag order. However, I totally understand why some of the actors are determined to respond to MM's fans attacks through social media. If the actors do not respond, the other fans not involved or in the fringes might wrongly conclude that the MM fans are right.

The key sentence in that convoluted paragraph is this because he has got to be referring to MM here:

I have worked for 40 years in this Hollywood machine and have never witnessed such senseless, misdirected anger and discontent. It reminds me more of a Shakespearean play, where misunderstanding and deceit are played out on stage by colorful characters with much charm, but with insidious intentions.

• Members

OK, yes... KSJ needs an editor to cut down that post. He was clearly working through his thoughts and trying to make sense of a crazy situation. What his post says to me is that everybody at Y&R must be under enormous strain, from the fans AND the highers-up. I would bet that some crazies are doing more than just flying a banner over the wrong studio, too. So he is trying to place the whole situation in a wider context of "It's only a soap opera." Honestly, I cannot diss his good intentions or his fundamentally respectful post. The problem is that a few people out there are beyond being reasoned with. Unfortunately, they giving the rest of us (the vast majority of us!) a bad name.

KSJ is a nice guy who is just trying to do good.

• Members

His post also feels (forgive me Kristoff) behind the curve. This thing appears to be petering out a little. The rabid MM fans have spent so many weeks weepin' and hollerin' and wailin' and beating their breast and fundraising for banners and twisting every little interview so that it favors their immortal beloved. Their throats must be sore from all that shouting. They must be exhausted. Perhaps this is the moment when meds come into play and where everything is starting to sink in: CBS/Sony are not going to change their minds about this.

• Members

The surreal thing about this is that if you take the character’s names instead of the actors it almost sounds like it could be a Y&R storyline. Anti-hero Adam is accused of something horrible and most of the town seems to be throwing him under the bus (Including his hated father Victor) and the only person who seems to feel sorry for him is a woman named Sharon. Maybe this is why the crazy MM fans are so kooky.

• Members

I actually think this is why his fans have gone even crazier than the usual cray cray. They have seen other fan bases save their actors, but they cannot accomplish this because he was fired for sexual harassment. They cannot abide the fact that nothing they do can save him so they viciously attack HK and the other actors on social media where they can. I read that they even badgered Maura West during a GH tweet event. No doubt we will get yet another explosion on his final day, but that should be the end for them.

Archived