DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just caught a clip of Kristin serving Kate with the divorce papers...if that's all...then wow. What a waste of Lauren and Eileen who have excellent hateful chemistry.

DAYS always misses the mark with the people it uses, Kate should be front burner and mixing things up with the Dimeras, complicating things for Kristin and Marlena and John, in the mix with Will and Sonny and Sami and Lucas...Countess W...Billie...I could go on but I fear the writers would be afraid of using a good idea.

• Members

Polls don't mean that much unless it's so decisively AGAINST something. If there was a fanbase for this couple, they'd have something like 20% in their favour, surely. Polls don't mean much, but it just confirms what everyone but Corday (evidently) already knows.

• Members

Holy crap. I'm a little shocked they even printed the poll result.

She must be the worst written character on soaps, for two years now. I know MR came back for money, not quality, but I wonder if she ever questions anything in the writing, at all.

• Members

OMG, this is tragic. LOL! Dan & Jenn were totally snooze-worthy the first go, then repugnantly offensive once Jack came back . . . but GT & CW are writing them fine and angst-y this time, but I don't want Jenn wasted on Daniel. With Mel (and Carly) gone, I really see no purpose for him. GT obvs. has such a hardon for SC, but even under DRT & MMcP, they made sure to reposition him on the canvas while back-burning J&J after the triangle flopped (duh!--they don't remember J&J's triangles with Brandon, Colin, Patrick, and Frankie?!?). Someone's lookin' out for him.

Jenn has always been one of my fav.'s, so I'm very committed to her, and committed to liking her, if I can stand it. She's always a harpyshrew when she's the center of a Jack triangle, and I hate that he's gone, but I thought she was better positioned this fall than she has been since PB & PC's (great) stint. I wasn't thrilled that she was saddled to Daniel and her 'rivalry' with Nicole has always felt terribly random, but I thought she got her groove back as a central, tentpole character.

I do think this poll could've been spammed by J&J (or more just Jack) fans, though. But I want a new love interest for Jenn (or a MA return!!!), and I've been pushing for that Spencer-side-of-the-family breakdown for Jenn for ten years. It would've been the perfect way to write her out when MR left for Nashville in '06, and we wouldn't have had to lose Jack to a sunset ride that DH, DRT & MMcP, and GT & CW wouldn't permit.

Archived