AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sniffle. As a child, my household wasn't a fun place to grow up due to issues of domestic violence (my dad). When I was home sick (or, to be honest, pretending to be sick), the soaps would be that something I'd watch with my mom after a morning of PBS and some game shows. Our thing. An escape.

Adam & Palmer used to scare the heck out of me when I was too young to understand they weren't real people. Then around 1988-1989, when I was almost 10, I started watching more for me rather than because my mother did. Erica and Travis, Erica and Jack, Adam and Brooke, Natalie and Trevor, Skye and Adam, Tad and Dixie (the soap couple that prompted me to buy my first VCR before I hit my teens in the early 90s), Erica and Kendall, Erica and Dimitri, Edmund and Brooke, Natalie in the well, who killed Will?, Hayley and Brian, etc. Some of my favorite stories, relationships and romances. I watched until the fall of 1995. I came back in the fall of 2002. McTavish got me locked in with the rape story turned into family/town love story. That got me back and I'll stick with AMC to the very end.

In my watching, the only writers that really offended my senses to an intense degree were Pratt and B & E. So while I may not have great words for the other writers, I also don't have all that disgust for them either - just for the good times.

ABC Nightly News just did a nice short piece on the cancellations. They read a tweet that summed it up - what soaps mean to fans.

• Members

Started watching in September of 2007. ABC Daytime was discovered when I was up all night crying after I was dumped by my fiance. I flipped to Soapnet and I was glued to AMC for Tad. And, MEK's acting. He made me laugh. I needed a laugh. OLTL drew me in because of the Paris Texas story with Viki, and GH because of Lulu/Johnny.

It got me through a rough period in my life. Kind of an escape.

Edited by weareclouds

• Members

We've been posting here together for years, and I never knew the story of how you got into AMC, but now I do, and it just drives home what these shows have meant to people. I'm so thankful for SON because no one here in my offline life could possibly understand the impact something like this can have someone's life. I almost like it that way, because then Pine Valley really is my "other world," it really is a place that can not and never will be destroyed by anything that gives me stress in life.

:lol: I definitely meant 2001 (it's nearly finals time, I've been typing up papers and projects every day!). June 7, to be exact. I wonder what the last ten years would have been like had I not randomly clicked to AMC that day, or rather, if my lusty eye didn't catch "older man" Jesse McCartney being all rebellious that day.

• Members

I often wonder that myself...what would my life be like if I never came across AMC?? Or any of the soaps actually. What if my mom didn't watch them?? I seriously cannot imagine how it would be ohmy.gif And I kind of don't want to...lol

Oh gosh how I am going to miss her so!! I just realized I won't be seeing her on my screen daily for much longer! :( I will follow AM wherever she goes...

I'll miss the AMC threads mainly because of your kickarse screen caps & little traditions like 'The ho's'! :(