The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Thanks for all the spoilers, hooked!

And, nex, I loved the video. Just wonderful.

Still can't get over GH's anniversary "party". I guess they broke out the Dixie cups and plastic silverware for the occasion. <_< I'm with you, Remos. Change can't happen soon enough.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Funny, thanks for the fix and keeping me company last nite! :*

Nex, glad you were able to made it to the breakroom last night! Again - LOVE THE NEW VID!!

Just some SOC threads of interest we might bump to share the love:

I just read this spoiler on GHH2 about Luke and Tracy...

Please GH: Give Tracy a storyline!!!

Where are Luke and Tracy, I Miss Them

Tracy Spoiler

Favorite Character Quiz

Currently who are your top 5 characters?

• Members

Some JE quotes in this article on GH's lame ass 45th...

GH Celebrates it's 45th Anniversary

By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer 57 minutes ago

It's been 45 years since "General Hospital" began dispensing heavy doses of drama to TV viewers.

Since 1963, ABC's longest-running daytime series has documented the trials and tribulations of Port Charles' citizens, carving an unprecedented television niche with intrigue and illness — long before "ER," "House" and "Grey's Anatomy" graduated from medical school.

"You don't get to 45 years just because you're lucky," executive producer Jill Farren Phelps told The Associated Press as the cast and crew celebrated GH's April 1 birthday with punch and cake on the show's hospital set at ABC's Prospect Studios.

Leslie Charleson and Jane Elliot reminisced about playing feuding sisters-in-law Monica and Tracy Quartermaine for over 30 years. Since arriving in 1977, Charleson's cardiologist character has given up a child for adoption, become a hit woman, been held hostage and battled breast cancer.

The actresses agree their characters have been through it all — usually more than once.

"We have such history," Elliot said. "We have births, deaths, marriages, divorces, birthdays, birthdays and birthdays that we've shared. When we look at each other on camera, you sometimes can't tell if Monica and Tracy are responding to each other or if Jane and Leslie are responding to each other. It's not the characters but the history that's there."

"The two of us had a fight scene the other day, and there was a gentleman who was there to serve us papers," said Charleson, who's been on the show continuously for 31 years. "He informed us as we were standing there that he had done exactly the same thing 17 years ago to the two of us. You don't get a history like that anywhere else."

The article goes on...

If anyone cares...Dylan Cash's contract is not being renewed and Michael will be injured and sent off screen. He is the male character who is getting off! Yay! It is not Edward!

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

From GHH2 today..

Nex---LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your video! So amazing! I just watched it. You rule my friend!!!

Oh...I loved diane/alexis yesterday. Lainey did you watch them? Cracked me up with the shopping talk, mixed with the warehouse explosion stuff. So crazy--the spoiler tease was Diane/Alexis clash over the warehouse explosion. Meanwhile it was just a means to make a shopping date for the next day. The rock paper scissors thing is funny, but I think they need to stop with it!

Oh. from CH's website, diane/max might go out on a date soon and there may be another GNO with Diane, Alexis. For those Diane fans...

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

So Im FINALLY out of the dial-up hell that is my mother's internet, and i got to see what everyone was raving about..

NEX, the video was beautifully done and one that i will probably watch again and again. Wow...just....wow. I mean really, truly heartfelt and..just great! Ive seen a lot of LuNacy vids and there are some that just stand out as a cut above the crowd...this wa definitely one of them.

You guys are so talented on this board.

ETA: wait.....Micheal's LEAVING! ARE YOU SERIOUS!! :) :) :) :) You just made my....MONTH! I hate that kid, im not joking.

Edited by tracyluver

• Members

Greetings everyone. My kids had finished most of their school work today, when they realized the 'school' kids had the days off. Ha ha ha.... I love my life!!!

I've mixed feelings about Michael being the one to get replaced. I was actually hoping they would treat him like they did Robin, so we'd have some history with a kid who can really act. But alas, he was the natural cap keeping all the kids form being SORAS'd.

BUT I'm glad to hear it isn't Lucky or Nicholas - they were the only two I could figure fit the bill for 10+ years character, 5 years the actor. I was worried that now that tiic had depleted the Q's, they were going after the Spencer's with a vengence. (I think JI is already recurring, btw.)

Thanks for the JE quote, Hooked. It's been said by her before, but it's still nice to hear. Jane really seems to respect people and history - love that about her. She's not at all caught up in the individual commercial appeal that seems so prevalent in Hollywood.

So... how many days do you think we'll actually get next week? I'm guessing 2.

• Members

Thanks for the article, hooked. Loved what Jane had to say! And how cool was that bit from Leslie Charleson about the same man delivering legal papers 17 years earlier. Only on soaps...and I say that with love.

JFP's comment was interesting. Perhaps I'm reading something between the lines that isn't there, but I found her mention of "a fine line" between making changes, and the GH the viewers know, to be very telling. If I had to guess who the "good guy" is among Frons, Guza, and Phelps (assuming there is one), I would choose Phelps in a heartbeat. She can shmooze and PR with the best of them, but none of her other soaps were youth-centric. She's featured older characters *and* brought in the younger demos. We need changes, but I'm thinking maybe she isn't one of them.

Frons was, as usual, his own worse enemy and a public relations nightmare. He actually proposed that soaps might be *animated* in years to come. :blink::angry:

Another Frons inspiration:

I'm always looking to see how to get more people to watch our soaps," ABC daytime President Brian Frons told the AP. (I know what he can do: resign! <_< ) "As part of that, later this year, `General Hospital' will finally premiere in France.

Well, that should be interesting considering 60 really is the new 40 in France. If he believes he's drawn ire here in the States regarding GH's attitude toward older actresses, he ain't seen nothing yet!

• Members
Addie I just wanted to thank you so much for all the great clips at YouTube lately. I tried to email you over there but I don't think it went through. Anyway those clips helped pull me through a miserable week of suffering with pneumonia. They just made me feel better! So thanks! Edited by halee