DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

But someone still needs to submit themselves for the award.  I have no idea if she did or didn't but the process wouldn't be meaningless if she literally didn't try. 

For example people like Deidre just don't even bother anymore.  

I know Vanessa Marcil didn't even try in 2010-2011 because she was meh on the material.  I don't know Ari Zucker and I do think she would submit, but if she was just over the process the emmy's can't just give her an award without her doing her due diligence.

To be clear, I absolutely think she deserves a nomination, but we don't know all the facts here yet.

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think the forum where we can only communicate through writing rather than speaking often leads to semantic disagreements.  However, to clarify, I'm suggesting that for any actor not to submit because of reasons unrelated to their talent, makes the award illegitimate. 

Because how can one say that Xyz actor gave the best performance, if some people were unwilling to engage in the process for reasons other than their own perceived quality of their acting?  The same would be true for any award from the Daytime Emmy to the Oscar.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I am just speaking off minimal awareness and I agree writing this out can be more difficult than us actually speaking.

My point is Days probably wouldn't have promoted AZ.  She's in the middle of a lawsuit.  I assume she didn't want the extra hassle of trying for an emmy, and let's saying winning, in the middle of said lawsuit.  Because that might muddle some things as far as her case.  I am not advocating that this is right, but if she WINS a lead actress emmy there could be some ammunition against her case.

• Members

Perhaps we can humorously commemorate her by establishing the “Ari Zucker Rule” that Best Actress really means Best Actress (amongst-those-willing-to-play-the-patriarchal-game-of-competition-within-a-subjective-field-of-expertise).

• Members

I am totally confused. 

However, I personally wish that actors would submit. But, how can I not respect that they might have other ideas? And I can't imagine any way that winning an Emmy would hurt her lawsuit. As far as I can tell everything she alleges has already been proven to have happened. What is a defense against facts already established? 

• Members

Ari has been nominated a few times.  I don't think they snubbed her.  But coming from a family of lawyers (with no legal expertise on my own) I could see just not even trying and the goal is more of the lawsuit win.  Which she should win, but winning lead actress emmy's when she is trying to make other more valid points might confuse this whole thing especially if she's going to trial.  I could honestly just be spitballing conspiracies into the air, but I could see why Ari might not want to win awards for this show at this time.

• Members

Given that I don't value awards in general, I certainly agree that I hope she wins her lawsuit, more than I hoped she would win an Emmy.  In fact, I really wish that she doesn't sign any settlement that wouldn't let her publicize her triumph in the case.

• Members

Agreed.  I just thinking winning any awards for days, which I think she deserves, might negate the entire point she is trying to make.  Because Days would run with that nonsense if she won.  Like we aren't the problem.  Look a shiny EMMY

• Members

I'm confused -- are you saying that if any actor fails to submit, that makes the award for that category illegitimate?

I'm sure there are actors in every category of every award who fail to submit. We don't have to know why to feel the award is legitimate.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Back to today's episode, The Spectator is tracking Clyde, but completely ignoring that the mayor is radioactive and stuck in a snow storm?

So, proud of Marlena for keeping some degree of confidentiality and not blabbing to John or Stephanie that Everett stopped treatment.  But, I don't like that look Everett gave after signing the divorce papers (I guess they don't need a notary). 

Then, we find out that Chanel and Johnny are fine, even though we saw Paulina hug Chanel?

And my hopes of lil' Thomas trying to control John with the card were burst.

Finally, are the Dimeras the last men in America dressing in suits and ties every day; even when they just hang around the living room?  I bought three blazers during lockdown that have yet to ever make it out of my closet. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

All the radiation stuff… Skip

Johnny singing to Chanel was really nice and sweet though. But I’m still wondering why a Dimera sings so much like a Southern country boy

Please register in order to view this content

Today made me realize just how much stuff Harris is involved in. I almost forgot that he’s the one who’s responsible for Lucas being stuck in the monastery. His scene with Kate was really good.

So were his scenes with Stefan. I hope they continue on with this storyline. It could go in a lot of directions, especially if Harris somehow ends up being the catalyst for everyone’s secrets to come out. 

I also liked Kayla putting Ava on blast. It seemed more sophisticated than what we’re used to, more than just a campy bitchfight. Kayla’s anger came through pretty well. I don’t think anything will come of it but I enjoyed it. 

• Members

I get confused about who knows what since they share so much information off-screen.

For example, today I was surprised that Harris doesn't know that Ava helped Clyde escape.  Why would she admit everything to him, but that?  And why is she giving up the Bistro?  Did she only manage it?  I thought she owned part of it?

And is that it for the radiation story? There are no consequences.  It was just a one week thing.

Between the radiation and the tarot card, last week was a complete Obi-Wan wipe. - There are no droids, cards, or radiation here…