DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah… Johnny and Chanel’s honeymoon was a total letdown, even though Chanel going missing could be interesting. And Johnny did look hot too

Please register in order to view this content

EJ being the villain could be interesting as well. His actions today could lead to conflict between him and Nicole, which could in turn, lead to conflict for Eric and  Sloan. And could also stir up trouble for Brady/Theresa/Alex/Kristen. 

Good dynamics and story arcs are always introduced in episodes, but they’re often forgotten about. Hopefully, today will be different.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, it looks like the cabin is back on Smith Island, so that must have been a script writer error on Friday.

I am confused as to why Sloan's practice has slowed down?  She didn't do anything to make that happen?  And seems like a good lawyer.  She should hire Melinda.

The episode was okay.  I am not exactly feeling nuTate.  He does look too old, but he isn't awful.  I thought Nicole was really trying her best, but it's understandable Theresa is still angry.  

I don't really care much about Stefan, but time served doesn't seem like an appropriate sentence especially considering he shot Harris.

• Members

Two amazing episodes!

Victor's memorial & Dick Van Dyke!

Way to go, DAYS again this year! Keep on slamming them outta the park! 

Of course we know that RonC's DAYS is the perfect example of how a show can come up with TWO winning episodes, without any regard to the rest of the year, right? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

No, it wasn't two episodes, it was three.
Fairman said "According to a DAYS spokesperson, the nominated episodes this year for Days of our Lives are #14663, #14678 & #14679,
which revolve around Victor’s death/funeral, and part of Dick Van Dyke’s storyline as Timothy Robicheaux."

Episode #14663: Friday, August 18, 2023
Episode # 14678: Thursday, September 7. 2023
Episode #14679: Friday, September 8, 2023

Ron explained to Michael Fairman that
DaytimeEmmys writing submissions are two episodes;
but WGA submissions are three episodes.

The first episode was characters learning of Victor's death, Suzanne Rogers 40th anniv, Shawn-Douglas being stressed, Chloe considering Xander's marriage proposal, and Xander learning that Sarah is pregnant.

The second episode was Victor's memorial.

The third episode was mostly about the aftermath of Victor's memorial with Sarah giving birth and Vivian arriving, but also had some John/Timothy scenes.

Edited by janea4old

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ron said a few months ago that his stuff starts airing in June.

And again, his ig story at end of March said two more months of scab writing.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Members

-- Did ANY other soap submit? Or is this another case of DAYS being the sole submission?

Regardless, I don't think this award is worth any more than the Emmy for Best Daytime Soap. It's based on less than a handful of episodes, and we all know those eps don't represent what the show is all year.

But hey, Carlivati loves winning awards, so there's that.

-- nuTate has been fine, but today he seemed to be trying too hard to play a teen. He didn't play younger on his first couple episodes. I don't know if that was an actor's choice or if someone gave him a note, but I didn't care for it.

• Members

Today's show was blah.

Holly and the apology letters and the goo goo eyes 40 year old Tate was giving high school Holly was eye rolling lame.

The cabin stuff was just ridiculous.

Don't care about Stefan.

The show wasn't in the top 10 today.