DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just to clarify, I believed you that GH was nominated. I just don't see it as special that DAYS won an award over competition that was ONE other show.

When one thinks of the WGA, one thinks of a credible, prestigious group. I just don't think DAYS' writing is worthy of this prestige. In actuality, the WGA should stop giving the award for daytime soap writing unless/until there's more competition.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’m still not sure what to think about the WGA awards. In 2022, Days won for that Craig and Leo garbage.

But they definitely deserved to win for 2023. Those episodes were some of the best of the year. It just sucks that Days makes a lot of bad decisions when it comes to the writing. Bad decisions that are clearly choices. 

It never is on Mondays. It’ll probably be back up there tomorrow.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
Posted (edited)

Much like when it was mentioned last week, DAYS is rarely in the top 10 on Monday, because the episode was just released, and they don't have the full data until the next day.  However, it has been consistently in the top 10, Tuesday through Friday, for the past month according to this site https://televisionstats.com.

Even the new Traitors episodes weren't in the top within hours of their release.  And popularity is not a sign of quality on streaming platforms where reruns of Suits were the most watched show for weeks.

It'll be fine.  My advice would be to worry less how many other people are watching, and just accept it for what it is.  And, if you don't enjoy it, know that your opinion has been duly noted amongst us all.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The Johnny/Chanel/Paulina is so unnecessary. Paulina might be impulsive but she’s not stupid.

The aftermath of the press conference was pretty good though. I like how so many characters and storylines are involved in it. And even though it would have been better if Nicole had had her conversation with Eric, I liked the Chad/Nicole scenes. They have a pretty good friendship and I enjoy their scenes together. 

Xander launching an investigation into Stefan could be good as well, especially if it continues on after he finds out that he’s Victor’s son. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

And as I predicted, by the time the numbers were crunched DAYS was still in the Peacock Top 10 on Monday, so hopefully we can put that old canard to rest

Please register in order to view this content

It is useful to remember that we are a niche part of the audience that follows BTS issues.  I am willing to bet that the average Peacock viewer has not noticed a change in the writing, and it has little to no effect on their daily habit of watching the show.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Enjoyed everything with the press conference and just seeing that many characters together and interacting in general. 

Please don’t let Clyde be behind Chanel’s disappearance.  I’m so so tired of this country bumpkin that all of these dangerous families seemingly can’t do anything about.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Johnny and Chanel deserve a better storyline than radiation sickness.

I’m glad Eric is finally getting a job though lol people on here are 100% correct about him. Him being a bit of a selfish deadbeat seems unintentional, on the part of the writers, but I hope that that aspect ends up being used to somehow cause conflict for him and Sloan. 

As for Maggie, I’m convinced that she knows Konstantin is full of crap and playing him. I hope I’m not wrong, or that it’s written in a way that dumbs Maggie down. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I think Eric/Johnny fall under similar categories.  We aren't supposed to think they are deadbeats or losers because they are generally nice guys, but the show makes no effort to give them career goals at all lol.

I could be wrong, but the way SR plays it makes me feel like Maggie knows what's up.

• Members
Posted (edited)

The only hope for Maggie that I've seen is that she mentioned discussing the marriage with her lawyers.  So, maybe they'll object, or at least write a good prenuptial agreement.  However, we can't forget that Theresa represents the other prong in the plan and if she gets to marry Alex that will give Konstantin a temporary win (until Xander is revealed as the true heir), which is how I predict this story will go down. 

Konnie will experience a minor setback with the card and Maggie.  He'll force Theresa to marry Alex (possibly by faking a pregnancy, aka the oldest trick in the book).  Konstantin will seem like he has triumphed.  Then, John and Steve will save the day.

Please register in order to view this content

And baby Victoria will finally be able to move out of that tiny apartment. 

Edited by j swift