DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

It's Days so I am used to convoluted evil plots, but I truly don't get why Xander, Maggie, Alex, etc. need to be collateral damage in Konstantin's scheme when he's mad at Victor and John.  If the end game is to get Maggie and Alex's money, Theresa and Konstantin aren't doing a very good job.

Logistics of a newspaper in 2024 aside, I do enjoy the newspaper on the show.  It gives quite a few characters a job and I like Xander and Chad doing something other than boring family corporate jobs. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

This comment made me ROFL

I adore the idea that DAYS is the Nostradamus of Daytime TV (I'm certain some nerd will correct us that technically they aren't ahead of us anymore since the time jump, because their days move slower than ours, but I like your interpretation best.)

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'll be that nerd and say I don't think they are ahead of us anymore because they have shown dates of 2024 recently lol.  I don't think it's because time moves slower, but more laziness in details.  I am also of the mind that I don't think it really matters.  Salem time is so wacky I don't think we should take it seriously at all (not they you are).  None of it is realistic and if they tell me it's 2024 or 2025 I'll just go with it.  I thought the time jump was a cool idea, but it seems even the writers lost interest in it.

• Members
Posted (edited)

The storyline was messy and thrown together from the very beginning. It was like Ron and co. wanted to make it happen but didn’t know how to make it happen.

Theresa joining forces with some random stranger that barges into her hotel room?  Who does that

Please register in order to view this content

The letter, Justin not immediately demanding a DNA test, Victor’s established history, etc.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Like the Everett story, it feels like it's being made up as they go along.  I don't know if it's stalling because of the strike or it just has no direction.  What was the point of Thomas stealing the card only to give it back today?  Is it going anywhere?  Or was that just to stall scenes for a week?

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm not a fan of the Daytime Emmys because I think they're silly, but I looked over DAYS 11 nominations.

Of the nearly a bunch, I applaud Wally Kurth's nomination, I think he did some great work during the funeral and the Alex reveal.

I also agree with the casting nomination, from Holly, Tate, and nu-Tate, to last year's Sloan, I think DAYS has done a better job than most at finding new talent (Talia and Colin aside, and since Jada's forgotten about them; so shall I).

However, the potentially politically motivated snub of Ari Zucker invalidates the entire process in my mind.  She tore up those scenes as Nicole after the loss of her baby. Given that there are more nominees in this category than any other, nobody could convince me otherwise that she was snubbed (or did not submit) as a result of her lawsuit.  The award is literally meaningless, but her omission signifies the illegitimacy of the process.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The detail that still sticks with me as preposterous is Shane and the ISA recover Victor's briefcase, and then just drop it off with Theresa because nobody else was around.  (A) We still haven't learned the circumstances of Victor's trip.  And (B) how does a spy agent just give an asset to his daughter and trust her to get it into the correct hands?

I get your point.  But, to be fair, aren't most soap plots made up as they go along?  Sure, the writer pitches a story.  And, yes, some mysteries feel better constructed than others.  But, no plot line is completely written in advance.  Production issues, casting details, and shooting schedules all affect the pace of story, as much as the writing.

• Members

That's fair and I will say I don't really know how the entire writing process of a soap works.  I just would think a pitch would include a beginning, middle, and end.  Details can get thrown in along the way, but there should be a cohesive plan to stick to.  I can excuse a lot of it due to scab writing and the mid story change of JL to EOB as Theresa, but this feels more like a string of ideas instead of a well thought out story.

• Members
Posted (edited)

NO.  Ari Zucker did *not* name Steve Kent in her lawsuit.
She said she asked for help from Sony HR, because CordayProductions had no HR department.  Sony finally conducted an investigation; but she still had not received any information or results from what came from her own conversation with Sony HR.

Full text of Ari's statement:
https://www.soapcentral.com/days-of-our-lives/news/2024/0208-arianne-zucker-holds-press-conference-to-discuss-days-lawsuit.php

Edited by janea4old