DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

Good scenes today!

Everybody absorbing the news about Holly was really good and acted really well. Everyone went through a range of emotions and I hope this continues on for the rest of the week. 

I’m also looking forward to what this could lead to. I feel like a lot of things were being set up today and Friday for all of these characters and couples and I hope we’re not let down. There are so many dynamics to explore with these storylines. 

And again, Emily O’Brien’s best scenes as Theresa are when she acts as Tate’s mother. She and Jamie Martin Mann have good mother-son chemistry. And I hope that continues with 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ironically, today, I found myself more aligned with EJ rather than Eric.

Eric is consistently inconsiderate.  He is neglecting Sloan's feelings and dismissing her concerns about parenting and bonding with Jude. He even permits others to criticize her openly. Today, his insensitivity extended to Holly when he casually brushed off her wish for Nicole and him to be married, suggesting there are more people to love her. It begs the question: why does he continually disregard the concerns of the women in his life?

On the other hand, EJ's intentions seem geared towards creating a safer environment for his step-daughter, unaware of Holly's struggles with substance use. He also seeks to build rapport with his wife and new family.

Theresa advising Tate not to trust Holly due to her deceitfulness was rich. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Credit to DAYS for deviating from the typical teen romance hurdles, like feuding families. It's understandable why a parent would object to a romantic partner who readily betrays their significant other.

Lastly, Tate's pace in this relationship seems rather brisk, given that New Year's Eve marked only their second date.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Such a boring revelation. Dull. Notice that Days isn’t even in Peacock’s Top 10 shows anymore. The audience is tuning out of the boring scab writers material. May and Ron’s return can’t come soon enough. The scab stuff is dull and boring.

• Members

For all of DAYS' dollar (or is it $1.50 nowadays?) store budget and wacky taping schedule (the revolving Sloanes), they've put out a decent product with all characters' personal fallouts with the Tate/Holly drama and the continued baby Jude secret. And I'm finally caught up (!) instead of always being a few weeks behind, and playing catchup did NOT feel like a chore this time around. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

It was in the top 10. It was #10 for the day. I will say that the finale was disappointing and a letdown. I do wonder if they rushed it because JMM was leaving.

Brady was too over the top with his reaction and Nicole had zero to no reaction. I know there's more to come with her and Holly but the fallout was boring. The best part was Brady telling EJ he would sue if Tate wasn't released ASAP.

With JMM leaving and Ron returning I'm probably done with Days. I don't see myself sticking around after the baby reveal happens and Nicole leaves Salem.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Glad that the Horton house is being renovated. It’s such an important part of Days and should always be a part of it.

I like the way Julie was there to give advice to Stephanie and then to Chad. The relationship that she has with each of them is really nice. I enjoyed their scenes today. But yeah, I gotta ask, how exactly did Billy Flynn lose the Emmy to Thorsten Kaye?

Please register in order to view this content

Still have mixed feelings about Everett though. I’m intrigued by the mystery, especially now that we found out more about it today, but at the same time, I’d rather he be a villain then some good guy who was traumatized or something.

And yeah, Ava/Harris and Johnny/Chanel each need a story, even though they were both kinda sweet today lol 

My top 10 list has only been of movies recently.

• Members

Days is #9 for me today.  

Nothing much happened today.  I don't really get why Stephanie is positioned as someone so close to the Hortons when she practically has no relationship with the Brady side of the family. 

I still think Everett is somehow going to be tied to Nick.