DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Tuned in to see Leo Howard was nüTate and there are definite similarities between him and his predecessor, Jamie Martin Mann (who was wasted). Wishing Howard well in the role, especially on this soap with its toxic on-set behaviours.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Not a great cliffhanger.  Brady's blowhard attitude toward Holly comes off as less convincing than EJ's suspicions about Tate.  I mean EJ really thought that Tate was a drug dealer, whereas Brady knows that Holly was conflicted about Tate being in a halfway house.  BTW - I thought Tate's costume and posture went a long way to make him look younger.  They made him shorter than Brady and smaller in stature.  If I didn't know anything about the actor, I wouldn't question an age difference between him and Holly. 

Some questions remain:

1. How does Tate have friends in Salem?  He didn't grow up or go to school there.  He was in town for less than a month before he was hauled off to jail.  So, who is he hanging around with and why do they judge him?
  2. Again, why does Holly suddenly have romantic feelings for Tate?
  3. Is Marlena's penthouse walking distance from the Dimera mansion?  That ai map really doesn't make sense in the context of this episode.

Please register in order to view this content

Also, wasn't there a scene in the pub a few months ago where Stefan talked to Chad, and Chad blew up at the mention of Clyde?  Why is he acting as if Stefan's being blackmailed by Clyde is a surprise?

Finally, why does it seem like Sloan is the least likely attorney that Jada would hire after the whole debacle with Talia and Colin?  I know Sloan helped Talia escape prosecution, but it is nuts that everyone in Salem seems to have just forgotten about this event. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I see no similarities between JMM and Leo Howard as Tate. None. I don't think his age is a problem, but I feel like we're watching a different character.

And yeah, it is absurd that we're now told that Holly feels romantic vibes for Tate. It's a 180 degree turn, and it just doesn't work.

• Members

I would argue that Tate's characteristics were not set in stone.  We were told he was a wild and crazy guy who got suspended because of stunts at boarding school.  However, all that we've seen so far is a sweet kid who is scared of breaking the rules, easily lead astray, and has a conflicted relationship with his mother.  So, the change in actors has not yet resulted in any personality change for Tate, because he didn't have that much of one to begin with. 

The fact that one was blond and one is brunette seems to be the only difference. 

• Members

Honestly, I need to give it more than a day with the new Tate.  Nothing immediately turned me off about him, but nothing was spectacular either.  I agree with everyone that Holly's romantic feelings for him came out of nowhere.  I can understand why she would have feelings for her after what he went through to protect her but we skipped from point A to point D in the romance without getting clear views from both Tate and Holly about the progression.

I didn't really think much of Jada using Sloan as a lawyer.  Jada needed a good lawyer quickly and I don't think it's crazy she called Sloan.  Justin may have been a better choice, but Jada doesn't really know Justin so it's not that odd to me.

I'll be honest, Leo doesn't actually bother me in scenes while he's at the Spectator.  He bothers me pretty much in any other scene, but Leo objectively has a job and a purpose at the Spectator so I'd rather he do that than shop and act creepy towards Jude.

I can kind of understand Everett not signing the divorce papers under a different name.  I am sure he has a more ulterior motive, but considering his circumstances I can understand his hesitance, especially since he didn't have his own lawyer.  The whole thing was completely sprung on him.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Maybe hes afraid that Sonny’s gonna be paired with Leo

Agreed.

That storyline, and Everett’s seemed to have gotten a little muddled between Ron’s writing and the scab writing 

Edited by AbcNbc247