DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have mixed feelings about the way the show’s been writing all the romance lately and today was no different.

On the one hand, it’s nice and allows these characters to develop more. Harris was un-Jason like again today and that’s always good. But on the other hand, episodes are starting to seem like they only have one dramatic storyline and the rest of it is just the couples talking. I think each daily script needs to start adding more drama. 

Jada/Stephanie/Everett was the dramatic storyline today and I thought those scenes were good, even though I still think they’re kinda missing the mark with this storyline. 

Tripp and Wendy were good too, even though they were kinda boring lol 

As for Xander and Sarah, at first I was wondering why it took so long for Xander or anyone to notice the difference between the two pairs of jogging pants but then I remembered who the police commissioner was and it started to make sense to me

Please register in order to view this content

And, this is off topic but Happy 10th Anniversary Will and Sonny!!

So glad that they’re finally safe from Leo

• Members

Tripp pouring a beer for Wendy after they were trapped in a beer storage silo was pretty insensitive. 

I thought Xander would have a bit more than the stripes on his pants to free himself.  Also, doesn't anyone in Salem actually go to court?  That would be exculpatory evidence. His attorney wouldn't want him to share it with the police ahead of time.

• Members

Everett sure as hell better not be related to Nick Fallon in any way.

They already made all the citizens of Salem look stupid as fukk when they never put two and two together about Bonnie taking over Adrienne's life, even though it had previously been established that we, the viewers, and the characters weren't supposed to notice the similarity (just as Josh Taylor played both Chris and Roman; Tamara Braun played both Ava and Taylor; Kyle Lowder played both Brady and Rex; the list goes on....) when Judi Evans began playing Bonnie in 2003, and then did the switcheroo of playing Adrienne in 2007 right after Bonnie left town. 

They are not gonna suddenly have everyone notice Everett is a dead ringer for Nick Fallon. Nuh uh, no, not gonna go there. 

• Members

Nicole/Holly was the best part of today.

I didn’t expect their talk to turn into an argument but I’m glad that it did. Nicole should’ve slapped her lol. There’s clearly a good mother-daughter dynamic to explore and it was brought to the forefront today. I really hope that the show continues to run with that. And  continues to run with the relationship between her and Tate. I just wonder how everything’s gonna play out from now on, starting tomorrow lol

Tate vs. Alex could be interesting too, once everything about Theresa is revealed. This could all be tied together in one big mess and I hope it is. 

The Marlena/Paulina scenes were nice as well. 

But, can somebody please get Lucas out of that monastery and give him a storyline? 

Will/Sonny are sort of the perfect example of a couple that suffered due to that lack of objectivity that I brought up before lol

• Members

Good episode!

The Nicole and Holly scenes started slow but once it got midway and towards the end it was good! I agree! Nicole should've double slapped Holly.

And JMM last episode...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is odd that there's this four month retcon suggesting Holly is in love with Tate. 

It would make sense that she feels bad.  But, he was strictly friend-zoned prior to New Year's Eve.  She did not like him romantically because she was head over heals for Johnny.  She was using him to make Johnny jealous.  So, this sudden Romeo-and-Juliet feeling between the two feels unearned.  Also, it feels like a missed opportunity that Chanel's suspicions about Holly haven't been used during this story. 

I can't decide how I feel about the idea that nobody has challenged Paulina and Abe on Lexi's miracle.  On the one hand, it is entirely in keeping with the history of Salem.  On the other, they're always shocked when people return from the dead.  So, it is difficult to know where they draw the line, and with whom.

Lucas in a monk's robe is just silly.  DAYS costume department's dependence on cloaks and wimples to indicate religion feels like a throwback to the 1950s.  

Edited by j swift

• Members

Welcome to Days, NuTate!

It’s too soon to make any judgements but there was a noticeable difference in the acting styles, like in that first scene with Eric Martsolf. I admit, I was a little skeptical, especially when we found out who nuTate is engaged to in real life, but I hope it works out. GH had Parking Lot Pete, Days doesn’t need Parking Lot Leo.

Speaking of Leo’s, why is this clown still on my TV? Chad already has a gay bestie and it’s not Leo friggin Stark. Btw, did Chad get a new haircut? 

As for Everett, hopefully there turns out to be an ulterior motive as to why he wouldn’t sign the divorce papers. Those scenes with Jada and those scenes with Chad, plus the way BB has been playing it still tell me that he’s a villain or at least would work better as one. 

• Members

Nu Tate and no voice over?

Nu Tate looks like Holly's older brother and Brady's younger brother.

If they were going for older with Tate then they should've gone with a Tate/Holly/Johnny triangle. 

Leo Howard is giving me Guy Wilson vibes big time!

Leo Howard should have been a recast Will with Zach Tinker returning as Sonny.