DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought Leo Howard did fine and was pretty natural on his first day. I liked JMM a lot, but he aired for, what, four months total? LH does read older -- like they could have cast him for the Johnny/Chanel age group, not as someone who's supposed to be 16-17. 

I still have no idea why EJ was so hellbent on prosecuting Tate, who at worst would've been the lowest-level offender (distributing small amounts, since he wasn't caught with any significant amount on him), when he knew Stefan -- the brother he despises -- was involved in high-level drug-running. Don't DAs usually want big convictions instead of small-time ones?!

• Members
Posted (edited)

I guess it is possible that (inadvertently or not) they are trying to diminish the age gap between Chanel, Johnny, Tate, and Holly for storylines.  Much like AMC began to merge Nina and Cliff with Jenny and Greg, or Bo and Hope with Kim and Shane.  Johnny and Chanel's ages are already ill-defined.  I'm not talking about what age they would be chronologically IRL, but what age they are being written as in Salem-time, because we don't know if they graduated from university.

I would imagine we'll get one more year of high school out of this couple, and then they will evolve into young adults.  Especially because they will both lose their mothers in the near future (no spoilers, just assumptions).  So, they won't be defined by those relationships. 

In fact, I wonder where Holly will live if/when Nicole leaves Salem?

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Wasn't it for Nicole?

EJ was determined to punish the person that put Nicole through the pain of possibly losing another child, so soon after she "lost" her baby?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

In theory, yeah. They just never connected the logic in a way that worked for me. He knew Stefan was running drugs for Clyde, and the drugs would've come from them even if Tate had technically handed a pill to Holly, so it felt odd to me that EJ was wholly unconcerned with bringing down the people who were supplying drugs to teenagers instead of the men (whom he already loathed!) causing the entire epidemic we kept hearing about -- especially when the case against Tate looked pretty flimsy.