DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Everything with John and Steve was a little weird. Why would John go to Harris to ask about brainwashing and recovering from it? John should already be an expert in that field

Please register in order to view this content

And, Days seems to be making John and Steve breaking Clyde out of prison a lot bigger than it really is or should be. Sort of like what GH did with Nina tipping off the SEC. Kayla being so angry at Ava could be interesting though. 

Maggie and Julie’s scenes were nice, despite all the talking about Konstantin. And it was good that everyone finally remembered that Maggie is Holly’s grandmother. They really should establish a relationship between the two of them. 

Brady/Theresa/Alex was the best part of today. I might not have liked the way that this was all thrown together but I do like the way that it’s being built up and where it could lead to in the future. I just hope the payoff is worth it. 

As for the ending…

Your opinions are so good that other people share them too

• Members
Posted (edited)

It was another weird time jump day when it seems like nobody has spoken to each other in a month.

I think Steve saw Kayla at the hospital when they rescued Tripp.  So, why did he wait to tell her about Clyde until two weeks later?

Brady and Alex work together every day, so why is he just learning that Theresa moved into his apartment?

I continue to think that DAYS hasn't adapted its storytelling to streaming.  It seems unnecessary to have over 50% of the episode be a recap for viewers.  The short scenes and repetitive dialogue feel like remnants of broadcast TV.  I had hoped DAYS would use the move to Peacock to find more creative ways of playing with how to write a soap.

Finally, we got interesting canonical information today.  Brady and Tate are going to a Cubs game.  Does this confirm that Salem is in Illinois, or are they going on a road trip to Wrigley Field from Nowhereland?  I think they referenced Lake Michigan last summer when Rolf left on his submarine.  So, the clues are adding up.

I assume that will be useful when Nicole is gone.

I wonder if you've confused your algorithm with the actual top 10? Because Peacock wouldn't know the most watched shows for Monday until tomorrow, since it is only noon on the West Coast now.  I am also anticipating the return of union writers, but I don't see evidence that the scabs have had a negative effect on the streaming numbers, which based on the graph are on an upward trend.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

It was established a few years ago that JJ Deveraux had a friend who lived in Chicago and they said it was only 30 minutes or a half hour away.  Also, a more obvious thing is that there's a map of Illinois on the wall at the Salem PD.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Today was kinda boring. And the time jump that they did with Tripp was weird and clunky.

Johnny did look hot though

I’m intrigued by Kristen suddenly hating on Holly and her animosity towards EJ. I don’t mind it and it’s actually nice to see Kristen finally be a mother to Rachel for once. I hope they end up using that to drive story somehow. The tension between them could be used as the catalyst that leads to the secret about Baby Jude coming out. 

I just wish the scab writers would inject more drama into the show. It’s nice seeing everybody so happy, but after a while, they need some real conflict.