DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

I have to rant about Eric because he is the biggest jerk when it comes to women.

After demanding that his son's christening occur at the mansion of his ex-lover, this week, he learned that his wife has been late on paying the rent.  Did he question why he doesn't add to a shared bank account with his wife for household expenses? Nope.  Did he beg his wife's forgiveness for not contributing equally to the rent? Nope.  Did ask his father to pick some extra shifts at the pub in order to earn his keep?  Nope.  Did he head over to the newspaper and offer his services as a photographer?  Nope. 

He interrogated Sloan about how her spending habits have led to them paying the rent late.  Once again, making her defensive for not being responsible for fulfilling his needs.

It is going to be difficult to empathize with Eric when he becomes righteously indignant at the revelation over the baby switch.  Because, at this point, I'm rooting for Sloan to find her own Italian billionaire to save her from these fools in Salem!  She's too pretty and too smart to spend a lifetime in a one-room apartment, raising someone else's kid, and eating chowder.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m hoping that all of that, combined with Leo’s blackmail, drives Sloan to drink or have an affair with someone. It’ll add another layer to this storyline and it could have an effect on the character of Eric as well. 

• Members

I didn't mention it at the time, but I found the whole conversation odd.  So, Sloane works full time, is a new/mom and wife, but is also responsible for paying all the bills on time?  Not just monetarily, but she also has to physically sit down and pay the bills in her already limited free time?  Eric never inquired at all about finances?  It's not that odd to me that they have different bank accounts, but it is very odd Eric has no clue what Sloan's personal finances even entail.  Does he even know what her salary is lol?  Eric has never asked if the rent was paid or if she needed money for rent?

Their lack of communication is shocking and it seems like Sloan is required to be the only adult in the room while Eric takes a few pictures.  I give him some credit for trying to come up with a budget though.

Great point about Eric trying to get a job at the newspaper or picking up some shifts at the Pub.  

And I agree all the stuff Eric does in regards to Nicole is incredibly unfair to Sloan.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It almost justifies stealing a baby.

Please register in order to view this content

All jokes aside, it is a credit to the writing to create any sympathy or complexity at all to an age-old soap story.  I also applaud letting the story simmer and play multiple beats before it gets exposed and Sloan needs redemption.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Agreed.  I also find it interesting and creative for Sloan to not even like motherhood.  I know it's to make her more unsympathetic, but it's a different take for a soap.  Usually these babies switch stories have the culprit immediately falling in love with the child and everything parenting.  

I know it will never happen, but I think it would be hilarious if Sloan just gave up Jude and Eric just because neither were worth it to her anymore.

• Members

Why exactly is Sloan, a beautiful, successful attorney in her 30s, so desperate to hang onto this unemployed convicted murderer who can't even pay a bill himself? I mean, I get that he's hot, but girl...

• Members

I think Sloan likes the idea of Eric more than she likes Eric.  She had a crappy childhood and Eric was nice to her and different from men she dated before.  He offered her some respectability when the entire town hated her and does seem to love her.  

Sloan is realizing now marriage/kids isn't exactly what she wants though.

• Members

Totally. It's actually pretty justified in the writing, or at least the setup, and I like that Sloan is tepid on having this thing she thought she wanted. It just drives me nuts that no one ever mentions what a LOSER Eric is!

• Members

Johnny/Chanel tend to spend episodes doing nothing lol.  The Julie stuff was weird for me.  She's suddenly so overwhelmed by people and children in a huge mansion with staff, but lives with Doug, Chad, Charlotte, and Thomas in a much tinier house and is fine.  And then instead of just going to a hotel for the night this 80 year old woman decides to drive in a snowstorm to a remote cabin instead without telling anyone where she was going.  Who does that?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Please register in order to view this content

Cue all the vicious responses about Carlivati, Alar, or Giddens.  Let's at least try to come up with something creative this time.

Edited by j swift