DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hmmmm… Dimitri’s getting out of prison? 

I wonder if we’ll see him again. I haven’t heard any spoilers about Peter Porte coming back. I guess it would be nice to see him again, despite his storyline being one of the worst I’ve ever seen and a complete waste of him. Btw, who goes to supermax prison for only like 6 months? 

I’m glad that Nicole is now going to be working at the Spectator though. The character works a lot better when she’s not just a Dimera wife. Her first possible story about EJ and Paulina is a little stupid but I wouldn’t mind this being tied to Eric/Sloan somehow. After today, maybe Eric could ask to Nicole to investigate Sloan and Leo. 

As for Johnny/Chanel, the radiation storyline is still stupid but at least it looks like there’s gonna be some after effects from it. 

And based on the spoilers, I think we all know where they’re gonna end up living. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, I don’t want to think it’s a superficial reason

Please register in order to view this content

But they’re really missing an opportunity to have a storyline where Lucas gets out of prison and tries to rebuild his life.

• Members
Posted (edited)

@AbcNbc247 So, you don't think Lucas should live the rest of his life as a monk?

Where's Alex this morning?  Wasn't that the point of he and Kristen sleeping together?

Also, newspapers in Salem hire their reporters from the classified section?  Or is that an HR thing, since the last guy they hired is living a double life?

Finally, I bet ten cents that the writers are using lethargy as a symptom of radiation poisoning rather than discolored skin because it is the cheapest to visualize.

Edited by j swift

• Members

In regards to Lucas, I think this is when I find the absence of Sami problematic.  I feel like the show really has no use for Lucas unless he's in a story with Sami.  I know the show tries to explain her absence away with silly excuses a lot, but there is no way I believe Sami would never meet the woman her son married twice and her daughter dated, not meet her twin brothers wife or son, or not try to sabotage EJ/Nicole in some way. 

I have never been the biggest Ali or Sami fan, but her presence on the canvas is pretty large.  At some point I wonder if the show would consider recasting her.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Sometimes, I think it depends on who the writer or producer was/is at the time.

I had no problem when they paired Lucas with Chloe. It was something different for him and it seemed to work, for a while anyway. And it was definitely a lot better than him being completely ruined and then being written out in order to prop Sami/EJ. 

The pairing with Adrienne wasn't that bad either.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Ooooo VERY true. 

Which is a shame because Lucas can be used for so much more than just falling off the wagon or just the Lumi pairing. 

• Members

I completely forgot he was paired with Adrienne lol.  I liked his pairing with Chloe too.

I just think the writers lack ideas with Lucas and I think it has a lot to do with the fact he's not a traditional looking leading man.  But also he has no children currently on the show.  

I am not advocating a Sami recast necessarily, but if they can't get Ali I would be okay with it.  I genuinely think her presence is missing on the canvas especially with

• Members

I've enjoyed Lucas as a dad.  But, beyond his romantic life, he needs a base of power.  I still think of Lucas as the spoiled brat from military school.  However, now that he doesn't seem to have an endless flow of resources, he's a bit less interesting. 

If he could legitimately oppose EJ or be a threat to the Kiriakis clan, then he would have a purpose.  But, to me, the actor is not charismatic enough for me to wish for a romantic pairing just to keep him within the story. 

• Members

Hehe. I was just picking a bit. But I know people would be shocked if they did. Because when you think Sami you think Ali. Okay, I do, too. lol. 

Wow. Nicole still hasn't exited yet? They really do write long term, don't they? So was her exit at least written by the scabs or RC? 

Also very true.

And see? THAT would be very easy to do. Because there have been several times when Lucas was not on the canvas. And single. Heck, they could say he got a girl preggers during miltary school.