GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nope. Of interest. Frank recently had a contract renewal. 

Little things about the writng: 

Recently the "big boss" was a woman, midway changed into a man. 

There was a serial killer "The Hook" who was right handed at first, later used his left hand, even later supposedly when revealed was a woman, not a man. 

Inconsistencies like that all the time. 

• Members

Chris and Dan's writing is almost similar to Josh Griffith's current tenure at Y&R. It's allergic to drama and raising the stakes in a storyline. I wouldn't rate it as bad as Y&R, but both regimes have the same problem. For Chris and Dan they make story decisions that come out of nowhere, and those decisions never tend to be beneficial to the show in the long run. Was there a need to really tamper with Trina's paternity? Was there really a need to drag Willow's cancer out for months? Was there really a need to make a long winded story based on Nina ratting out Carly/Drew to the feds? And if you look at the reason behind they made these decisions; it was to prop the favorites of ABC/Frank and it was done in the most unflattering of ways. 

I'm not even excited about Liz getting better writing because ultimately I believe Frank is to blame for the lack of screen time and focus on Liz and her family. 

And don’t get me started on the dropping of storylines and picking them up later on when you’ve finally come up with not even a plausible reason or climax. Harmony killing Alexis’s doctor boyfriend? Huh? 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Administrator

Wow! Patrick Mulcahey is back at GH and gets a shot a writing storylines instead of scripts (I wouldn't be shocked if he occasionally writes scripts).   My guess is this is ABC making the move because I don't see Frank coming up with the decision to fire Dan & Chris.  

I'm a bit sad to see Dan & Chris go because I've enjoyed the majority of their work and they've been the best HWs in daytime these last 4 years or however long they've been HWs of GH.  I'm also going to guess they're probably going to stick around as breakdown writers. 

In any case I'm excited to see what Mulcahey and Korte do.