GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Administrator

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be: Patrick Mulcahey is the best script writer in history but sucks at writing storylines.  I would hate to see his stellar reputation get tarnished a bit.  LOL

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No offense but WHY would anyone want him back on GH? He can stay at Days and run it into the ground during the next few years but he definitely had to stay away from GH as far far away as possible. I’d rather take Guza back or let ChatGPT do the work lol

• Members

I lived through Michael Malone's second run at OLTL, I've already watched all my favored legends topple. It was often disastrous but also insanely entertaining and had a literate heart beneath all the madness. Something GH has almost never been for at least 9 years. As bad as Ron's GH got at least it was often compulsively watchable for sheer insanity, much like Malone II. If that's all I get from this I'm calling it a win.

• Toups changed the title to GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!
  • Members

I am very surprised Mulcahey agreed to be a HW again - his experience in this role on GL was a negative one and he said at one point he would never do that job again. Also, he left GH initially because he wasn’t happy with the environment there in the late 90’s (assuming he meant the Riche and Guza wars).

This is stunning news though! I’ve loved Mulcahey’s scripts ever since I was exposed to his writing on GL in the early 90’s during the Curlee/Demorest era. I then followed his work at GH. His dialogue was always on another level and so many great character moments in my mind are attributed to him. I hope this is a better HW experience for him and ABC and Valentini don’t interfere too much. 

• Members

Despite the stalling of storylines, I didn't mind Van Etten and O'Connor.
At any rate, they should get an Emmy for the Bobbie memorial.

As long as we don't go back to the Carly/Jason/Sonny show, I'm okay.

I liked Sarah Joy Brown's Carly causing trouble and working her way up from hardscrabble, as part of an ensemble cast. 
I don't want Carly as the *lead* of the show.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

No one writes questionable characters and their dialogue like him. What Patrick understands (more than most other writers) is that the villain always believes s/he’s the hero and that everything isn’t always so black and white.

There’s a reason the great Michael Zaslow refused to go on set at GL when he was told one of Patrick’s scripts was being edited. 

• Members

Prayers Y&R is next up for a major HW/EP change!

I don’t watch GH but I’m glad Mulcahey is still in the business as I too have fond memories from his GL and definitely thought Thudley wasted his talents at B&B. Back in late 2019/early 2020 when Mulcahey was leaving B&B there was a rumor that he was up to replace JG at Y&R that I had so hoped to be true but alas it was just a rumor.