GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly. Nothing changes unless ABC really invests in overhauling the show and making Frank step back from creative control vs. what he's good at (budget), which will not happen.

People have despised Liz Korte since at least the early 2000s for various reasons but she's been there a very long time. I don't know what is feasible to actually blame on her.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Can someone give me a rundown of what’s good/bad/wrong with the current HW team? I don’t watch GH anymore but tuned in for the weeks dealing with Bobbie’s death and found the episodes compelling and very well done. 

• Members

If that happens then you've got a real incendiary mix. I have many issues with Frank's stewardship but I'm not sure anyone else could've kept the show afloat for the last decade, let alone save it in 2012.

The current HWs seem like nice guys with a lot of spirit. Their stories often don't work but IMO that is down to Frank. I have seen what it looks like when Frank steps in before at more than one show. He keeps the trains running but avoids anything too edgy and keeps the show in stasis. He perfected this banality with the terrible Passanante/Altman run, which O'Connor and Van Etten has somewhat been a step up from. He controls the stories, he controls the pacing and the focus as far as I can see it. It's similar to when JFP micromanaged her soaps, pre-Guza.

Edited by Vee