DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean, Victoria Grace was actually proven to be cheating lol.  I just think it's a little phoney when a character that's practically a lead like Eden is going into a kid's category because she can.  And I will say my Queen Vanessa Marcil and Steve Burton did it too in supporting when they were both clearly leads.  It's equal oppurtunity here.

Listen the maid gets paid for cleaning the sheets not the couch!  She didn't even pick Theresa's sweats off the floor!  She doesn't have to dust or do dishes.  This maid is living the good life.

If John and Steve weren't drunk they could have used their PI skills to figure this out!  But let's just ask our buddy Shane-leader of a world criminal defense agency-to handle this petty crime!

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Nicole/Ari and EJ/Dan are still killing it. I expected something like what EJ suggested today to happen for them. It’s completely natural, especially in a situation like this. And so was Nicole’s reaction. 

Still enjoying Tate/Holly as well. I like how the actress has been playing the character. Holly still comes off like an inexperienced teenager with a crush, but at the same time, she doesn’t play it as bratty and annoying and that’s always a good thing lol

And I do see some chemistry between her and Tate. They’re no Sprina lol but I’m ready to go along for the ride with them. One of them could really use a friend their own age though.  

Good cliffhanger with Eric and Sloan too

Because she’s like 20 and competing in a category that supposed to be for actors 18 or under. 

And she’s got a lot more to show than two child actors. It doesn’t seem fair at all

She should’ve dropped out when Victoria Grace did.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Victoria Grace wasn't intentionally cheating.  The Emmys changed the rules for the cutoff age from 26 to 21 for younger actor, but the Emmys botched publicizing the rules change, so VG didn't know. (She was 23).  Once VG learned of the change, she immediately voluntarily dropped out.

Regarding Eden McCoy - there was the lack of clarity in the rules as to the month and day of the cutoff.  If you calculate it one way, she got too old before the cutoff and shouldn't be eligible; but another way to interpret it is that you just had to be age 21 within a vague time frame to be considered young enough to qualify as younger actor.  It ended up that the second interpretation was not challenged, so Eden remained eligible.

Heck if you read the rules as they were written, the child actors were too young.  It was really botched!

N'Neka Garland was the longtime producer at GH who really ran GH from behind the scenes.  She also helped with organizing the Daytime Emmys.   She died suddenly earlier this year, before the Emmys nominations were announced.  I bet if Ms. Garland were still alive, she would have prevented these snafus.

• Members

I don't think VG was intentionally cheating, but technically she was.  I don't think VG hatched a plan to steal emmys from young children or anything.  She was ineligible, she dropped out, not harm no foul here-except on her team that didn't clarify the rules perhaps.

As far as Eden, I didn't even know there was an issue with her age at all.  Interesting.  I just thought she made the cut off barely and took the easiest route to an Emmy.  I just don't think it's an impressive win when she's competing against children that don't appear very often.  There has to be some way to make this category a little more fair.  There's a huge difference between kids that appear sporadically and an actress that's been the younger lead on GH since she was about 13 lol.

• Members

Anyway, on to the show today.

AZ continues to kill it.  She is just so good. DF is doing great too.

Holly continues to charm me even if this entire plan is stupid.

Why on earth is Chanel selling baked goods outside in December?  The little plastic table set up has always been silly, but that makes no sense.

I enjoyed the show today.  Much improved from yesterday.  Even Leo/Dmitri didn't bother me that much.

• Members

I didn't realize there was an interpretation issue for Eden either. @janea4old  Thanks for adding that clarification! I quite honestly don't know what they should do with the Younger Actor category but it sure seems off this year! 

But, today's show, hooray, not boring! Dimitri's bangs even look better. And, the scene with him & Leo was actually good. They needed to catch each other up on what the other missed that night after the wreck. 

Holly & Tate are definitely an oddball couple! 

Leo going to see Nicole, pretty good cliffhanger. 

• Members

TL:DR from Jamey Gidden's YouTube interview today, he's back at DAYS as a breakdown writer.  He remains as pretentious, derivative, and lacking in self-awareness as ever.

Also he admits to never re-writing a draft more than once.

Edited by j swift