DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I mean, the Darius/Jackie stuff and Nicole's remarks about kidnapping referenced history that I wouldn't imagine would've occurred if the original head writer and breakdown writers weren't present.  Also, given that few characters in Salem have a distinctive way of speaking, there was nothing noticeably different in the dialogue.

I don't know if my original question was ever answered. But I still wonder if all the extra week that DAYS went dark after the HR chaos of late summer means that they'll air less scab written scripts than other soaps?

I also wonder if they're foreshadowing anything by the fact that they still haven't named the baby.  Far be it from me to mommy-shame, but Sloan's barely seen the baby since it came home.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Today was an improvement over yesterday, even though Dimitri and Leo made me

Please register in order to view this content

again. And this is coming from someone who actually likes pet names They really are that typical annoying Ron couple that does nothing except be annoying. Too bad EJ ended up not reneging on the deal. 

I’m glad that they took the route that I was hoping for with the DNA test though. That was a lot better than another switch. I hope Nicole continues to believe that that’s her baby though. Having that continue to be a part of storyline could have an effect on so many characters and their individual arcs and storylines. Same goes for the little bit of conflict that Eric/Sloan had today over the test. That could be foreshadowing for something that may happen in the future as well. Too bad my idea isn’t happening

I really hope this all is built up like crazy and we get a really good payoff in the end. 

Stefan and Ava’s reasons for not being able to kill Clyde were so weak, but I actually did see a little chemistry between the two of them. 

Btw Rafe, a security camera in the evidence room would really help, just sayin lol

And as for what Eric and Sloan named the baby, I’m still not a big fan lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I don't know why Leo/Dmitri are written so joke-y about this.  I know it's probably Ron, but this material should be played as serious.  And we all know both actors can do well with serious material.  It's especially out of place with the way Ari and DF are playing it in the same episode.

I actually get Sloan's frustration about Eric just waltzing to the hospital to get Jude's DNA tested.  That's a crazy thing to do without informing your partner/mother of the child.  I am really enjoying this story overall though.

I always thought TB and BB had okay chemistry even back when it was Ava/Jake.  I still think she has more with SB, but I still can't shake the feeling I am wasting my time with Harris.  

I guess I got my update on Gabi today lol

So..Eric knows his uncle he was name after is a pedophile?  That's interesting.  I don't think anyone has ever really talked about that after the Kim story wrapped up.  Although I have never met a Jude (outside of the character that terrorized Hope in the 90's), I don't hate it.  

• Members

It's seriously not a bad story and if they had to insert Leo/Dmitri into this and they acted the way every other player in this story has been it might be close to good or passable.  Instead they are calling each other "pookiebear",making jokes, and having insane overreactions.  Their scenes don't fit the tone of the story at all.

It's fascinating because Eric was almost shaming Sloan for doing her job and going to see a client.  Does Eric even have a job?  Lol.  It could be interesting dynamics because you would assume Sloan is the entire breadwinner here.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I am amazed that I do, but I like this main story. Started with the dreaded miracle baby said to be dead, I predicted hating it! Instead Ari & DanF & nuHolly have me really feeling compelled to know what's going to happen next. 

The trick to delay yesterday was clever. They had EJ's DNA on file so they just compared to it. Only we the gentle audience & the perps know the truth. I love it when the audience knows what's going on & not all the players do. Just hold on, Nicole, keep on believing despite "evidence". 

PeterP & Greg are just total wastes of time. Now we have the other one in jail. Musical Jail cells! 

And, Day 2 of scabs. 

• Members

Today 6.7/10

1. Good to see that Rafe continues to be the dumbest cop in America, no matter who is writing the script.  He trusts Harris, even though he's committed treason, and he had no idea that Dimitri turned himself in. 
  2. I like the name Jude, but years ago I developed a theory that a red flag for poor writing was creating characters who share the same name.  Jude St. Clair may have been a generation ago, but Days of Our Lives viewers aren't too young not to remember.  And, to me, it is indicative of both a disregard for long time viewers and a lack of creativity.
  3. Stefan spends as much time running Dimera as Sloan does caring for her newborn infant.  Which is to say, not a lot.

• Members

I do like the main story, even though it did seem a little thrown together. 

It’s just Leo. Ugggghhh

As for Eric/Sloan, that is a very interesting dynamic and I really hope it plays into the overall baby storyline. It would give everyone a lot more beats and notes to play. That’s one of the reasons why I hope that Nicole continues to believe that that’s her baby.

Edited by AbcNbc247