Y&R: ATWT alum joins

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At this point it could be anything really. 

The Newmans got off scot free for Ashland’s death last year, perhaps Jordan is Ashland’s vengeful sister while Claire is his illegitimate daughter? That definitely would be a score to settle.

Jordan and Claire are part of Bobby Marsino’s family? Related to Matt Clark? 

Jordan is really Eve Howard alive and in the flesh? That be something Ron Carlivati would do

Please register in order to view this content

@janea4old Thanks for sharing that People article, that was fun to read!

• Webmaster

It's a CBS promo. They probably asked their cast to share it on their social channels. From the outset, it sounds like music from the As The World Turns theme without being the literal theme (copyright) to tie in her role on that show to her new one on The Young and the Restless to hopefully woo in lapsed soap viewers.

• Members

The concept is good-it's a pity they didn't take more care , instead of Colleen having to vamp it up backstage while somebody filmed it on their phone.

Start with the music and a globe spinning in closeup-the hand stops the globe and the camera pulls back to Colleen in a chair on the GCAC set with a soapy smirk on her face and eerie music playing. All lit and photographed to flatter her.

Colleen looks amazing btw. When I read she was 70!

Edited by Paul Raven

• Webmaster

Sigh. I miss soaps so much!!!!

Why oh why, can't some network executive wake up and realize that only soaps will thrive in today's markets? The second highest-rated talk show (syndication) is Kelly Clarkson with just 1.3 million viewers. GH, B&B and Y&R get over 2 million DAILY.

Back on topic: You're right, that is the same theme, but a very small snippet. Only a true soap fan could catch it.

I still want them to go back to the old one. The CGI used in the current one is a mess.

• Members

Hey Eroll off topic question I hope you can answer. Let's say in some alternative timeline the canceled soaps never got canceled, we still had AMC, OLTL, GL, ATWT, Passions. What do you think their ratings would be? based on what the current 3 are doing currently.

Edited by lucaslesann23

• Webmaster

Other than a big bump for the shows in 2013 (not sure why), I'd say that AMC would be in the 1.6-1.7 million range with OLTL around 1.8-1.9, or even over 2 million based on GH occupying its slot since September 2012 and it having the better ratings. Of course, OLTL didn't always do better than GH so it could also be doing AMC numbers based on my sample.

GL I hate to say would probably still have gotten canceled, but would be in the range of The Talk while ATWT would be in the 1.4-1.5 range. I'm basing this on how they were doing at the time of cancellation relative to what programs are doing now. Passions would definitely have been canceled as it was doing what DAYS was doing prior to its move to Peacock. Which means it would likely have been under a million viewers.