General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

@Khan I wish JFP had settled on whether her focus would be destroying the sets or the characters. No, she decided it would be best to destroy both simultaneously across all the shows she managed.

I'm serious, I'd really to know what her fetish was for hacking at sets. WHY do you want to blow up GH? WHY is getting Victor into a penthouse a priority for you? Her whole MO across all of the shows she produced was to demolish some place or some one or some couple long established. And I think that's because she had a hard time building anything of her own that wasn't standing on the necks of what had already been proven successful.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No, I'm referring to the one he just showed lol. It had the checkerboard foyer next to that living room and I believe it was more yellow and bright at one point, which I liked.

This is the one, yes. It's not as bright as I remember the color scheme getting in this shot. I see on the Wiki that this shot is after Frank 'touched it up.'

The glory days:

Edited by Vee

• Members

I did not know Wildwind was on the show. That's, uh, wild.

It is funny as hell to me that Sonny's once-majestic penthouse set is now a fraction of the size of Laura's penthouse and pretty tiny. It's just a couch, some busts and no other room, AFAIK.

• Members

Sonny's penthouse literally looks like a waiting room at a stuff therapist's office. Actually I'm pretty sure that Sonny's office set is bigger than his living room now.

And her house is WILDWIND? Where? Someone tell me exactly what. This is so fascinating. There's a lot of Pine Valley on the show apparently, where is all the Llanview? I suppose that could be because shipping the One Life sets to LA wasn't cost effective.

• Members

I just tired of the gray paint and monochrome look from a lot of Frank's earlier redesigns. He's eased up a bit on that in recent years except now there's too much deep blacks or blues and the white from HGTV lol. YMMV! He has improved the Metro Court and I love Portia's house (I don't acknowledge Curtis), and the Savoy is nice.

• Members

Front door (AMC vs. GH):

Please register in order to view this content

Main living, with fireplace and staircase off to the right (AMC vs. GH):

Instead of double-doors going outdoors, it is replaced with an opening to the kitchen, I believe?

I feel like [some] sets didn't move across the country and were practically re-built for the west coast production. The Chandler mansion did change a bit. NGL, I do wish the HD production at All My Children had moved to General Hospital.

• Members

Ah, thank you @Liberty City! This makes my AMC loving heart happy.

I wish Y&R could've benefitted from the cancellation of CBS soaps the way GH did. Maybe there would be more than 5 sets.

They've called her that a few times over the years but never as repeatedly as they did yesterday. Oh god are they gonna start called the Molly recast "Molls"?