General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They've always maintained that set, though, even dating back to when the main set (entry + parlor) was redesigned. It's not often used and, I'd rather it be updated, because those curtains just stand out like a sore thumb. I'd also love for the "crimson living room" to return. At least these modern renovations are better than when sets received darker paint jobs around 2012–2013, when the One Life cameras (non-HD) were introduced. I can imagine Monica watching HGTV and getting inspired for the mansion renovation.

• Members

Monica (to the camera): "Well, I'm nervous about how the house - WHICH ALAN GAVE ME AS A PRESENT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, TRACY - looks now - "

Tracy (off-camera): "My brother was an idiot!"

Monica (continues): "But I'm also very excited!"

Frankly, the Quartermaine mansion was never among my favorite soap sets in ANY iteration.  To me, it's a set that designers just can't ever get right.  (The less I say about that stupid spiral staircase in the '70's and '80's, the better.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Have they? Because the all-white drawing/living room set a week or two ago looked completely different, unless it's supposed to be a different set or room. It was the only one we'd seen regularly in years, whereas this new iteration looks much closer to the drawing room that was present up til the mid-2010s to me.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You're right, I do remember that parlor set. Nonetheless it's the one I most associate with the Qs as a living room space from BITD. I didn't love the version from the FV years but it's something.

And no, I was thinking of this set, which I hate (though I don't love the solarium either), too much white:

• Members

I am catching up and was that supposed to be a romantic proposal from Sonny?  I know he's done this a lot, but that was bad.   If Brenda doesn't come crashing this wedding for some reason or another I will be sorely disappointed.   Don't respond.   I know I will be already.

Dex/Spencer were truly the highlights of yesterday. 

I really don't know why we are supposed to believe Chase can sing.  It was cute, but he's not a very good singer at all lol.