General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Makes my heart happy, too. I'd love to see some other sets come on over, too!

Now, if only we could've snatched the head-writer, too, but we did not.

And The Young and the Restless suffers from no over-night crew, so a lot of the sets are permanently up. Getting the GCAC was a major win.

Edited by Liberty City

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Exactly.  JFP's biggest success as a producer was at GL.  Yet, even there, for about half of her regime, she coasted on what her predecessor, Robert Calhoun, had set up for her.  Once those pieces were gone, it all turned to crap rather quickly.

• Members

Her trick was getting viewers to tune in with the threat of "I'm about to ruin the thing you like! You better waaaaatch!"

There are so many actors they could release that would more than afford them an overnight crew. Ridiculous.

• Members

I am liking Mansi as Kristina.  I don't think she's better than Lexi yet, but she fit in really well the last few days.  The new Molly-I wasn't impressed.  I'll give her time though.  I didn't think she was very good today. 

Carly talking about jail today like it was a real option for her was pretty funny.  Where is the Carly we know and love ?  She would not be casually talking about jail time like this.  She'd be freaking out.  Even Sonny was confused by this.

So that's it? Portia and Curtis are back together after not talking through anything.  It just took a couple of months, a makeout with Jordan, and a 5 min convo.  So exciting.

• Members

Haha. Exactly. But it's a matter of Sony Pictures Television at this point. And considering the sale of CBS Television City, we will see what happens.

Kate Mansi slipped right into the role of Kristina. Holiday Mia Kriegel, however, missed every single mark she should have made. Very, very stiff and emotionally disconnected. If they need a long-term replacement, I'd urge them to search for someone else.

• Members

I agree.  Holiday Mia Kriegel (what a name!) was not very good at all.  I'll cut her some slack because she probably was a very quick replacement, but if I were GH I would cast a wider net for Molly.  She also looks like she has a lot of filler (which I know Pullos did too) and I wonder why these young, pretty girls do that when it looks so unnatural.  But that's beside the point.  Maybe she will get better and it's hard to compare her to a soap vet like Mansi.

• Members

I don't think they had much time to recast Pullos, based on when her arrest/accident was and when Kate Mansi was announced as being cast. My guess is it was likely a two-to-three day from Pullos alerting TPTB she'd be unable to work, and then they went into an immediate recast casting call.

• Members

Another episode without Victor's will reading?  Damn...  Seeing Ava on every day having the same inane conversation with Nina about being an anonymous SEC informer (the dullest revenge idea on a soap I've ever seen), instead of focusing on the fact that she murdered her own husband and then unintentionally lost the body (!) is a crazy writing/priority choice.

All of Alexis' daughters now look like a motley crew of mixed-up ages and heights.  I definitely much prefer the original Molly, but the new actress playing Molly looks like a 30something Susan Lucci, so that's a plus.

TJ & Aunt Stella need to stop going to the same barbershop.

Curtis turning into a manipulative, promiscuous slut is the most interesting character trait he's ever had.  Hope GH leans into that heavily.  They need to utilize that actor's assets more fully.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I loved Lexi, especially in her first run when she was given great meaty material, but Mansi is already doing a fine job slipping into the role. The writers were smart to have her first few days be Davis women centric, so viewers can see her slip into Kristina’s core relationships. I like her sister chemistry with Sam. I like the story they are giving her. Could it have been Lexi doing this? Yes. But we are not getting a dud actress here. 

I think Holiday is doing fine, especially for getting such heavy and emotional material on her first day. I see a resemblance to Haley, I think it is the fuller, making this recast less shocking. I say they find a way to get Molly off canvas for a bit until they figure out their recast plan on this one. I think Alexis will be fine with only 2/3 daughters on canvas for a while. 

Ava and Nina are a fun friendship that I never thought we would see happen. Weren’t they introduced as rivals? Didn’t Ava sleep with Nina’s husband?

TJ is almost assuredly going to [!@#$%^&*] up, sleep with someone, and get them pregnant. That’s the only way this infertility story can go. Who do you think it will be? I’m not even sure if there are other ladies in his age band on the canvas right now. 

Did Holly bow out of town? I know I missed a few episodes. 

It’s not the Wildwind that we all know and love. It was the refreshed set used as Caleb’s “Cortland Mansion” and had little resemblance to the original. Talk about throwing out a beloved set!

• Members

Yes, and Nina ripped Avery right from Ava's womb and kidnapped her, with the assistance of Madeline.

I doubt they moved every single set across the country. I'm pretty sure [most] sets were re-built and expanded. I mean, the Chandler mansion was practically re-done.

• Members

Something I'm still not over. I found their friendship baffling because of Nina's decades-long obsession with Ava stealing her husband all those years ago, but they surprisingly addressed it onscreen not long ago by having Carly call Ava on that history, on what Nina did to her and I can sort of buy into their strange bond now, with Silas dead and both these weird-ass women with very dark histories left behind.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think Molly and TJ should break up. TJ should be tested with other people. Molly should be written off the show for the time being. The HP situation should be resolved before they decide what to do with the character. At the same time, I would like Kate Mansi to be a contract player. I approve of her.

Edited by Aragorn