General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Does anyone know when the writers strike will start to effect the show? I'm almost looking forward to it because the Isn't Willow So Very Incredibly Brave and "The SEC is SE-seeing Carly and Drew to Jail!" Power Hour is going to be the death of me.

• Members

It would be wonderful to finally get a Y&R 2020-style classic episode marathon from GH, and by classics I do mean anything before 2005 let alone 2018. But I don't see Frank allowing that to happen.

• Members

I think the bigger question is, will there even be scab writers this time around? Because from everything I'm reading, the WGA is really digging in against that this time around, assuming writers want to be a part of that union.

Makes me wonder if ABC will indeed raid their back catalog. Maybe do some theme weeks honoring lost actors/characters? Like have a week devoted to Alan Quartermaine, Edward Quartermaine, Bobbie Spencer, etc.

• Members

This is Frank and ABC. Frank prides himself on keeping the trains running on time at virtually any cost to keep the show alive. I cannot see him tolerating an interrupt unless it's extreme force majeure like COVID. I assume he has had fi-core/scabs lined up for months.

• Members

Victor's will reading doesn't have gravitas they're going for.

He was hardly a mainstay, no one on the canvas cared about him an iota, also no one was planning his death and while yes technically he tried kill 80% of the population but that didn't personally hurt anyone on the show. They really should have worked to give him a proper family, maybe some long suffering wife. He was just such a cartoon with his empty threats and Charles Shaughnessy just looked like an older valet on Downton Abbey.

Also where the hell is his son Valentin in all of this? I have to assume I missed a line explaining his absence. The whole thing felt terrible hollow.

Speaking of that vampire bat, it seems they had no story geared up for Anna and Valentin once they got back to PC. Which works for us because it means less scenes of them together being revolting.

Edited by Darn

• Members

if the show goes into reruns ad revenue will drop and the show's budget will be cut. Then the cast will be reduced. The show needs to keep going with scab writers. The producers know the stories they want to tell, so I think that the scab writers will only write dialogue.

• Errol unfeatured and unpinned this topic