General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hehe. See? You remember the exact scene, too.

Please register in order to view this content

It's just the fact that they took THAT long. It barely got a simmer. 

So perhaps it has been a good thing to delay Portia as a Sprina spoiler. Because NOW she has even more reason to not want that match-up.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My issue with Portia being obsessed and upset with Trina being involved with Spencer, is Trina is an adult now. Whenever she starts getting upset over the situation i wonder why Portia is not allowed to have a life or a story that makes sense. I doubt they would allow her to lose it and prove Spencer is not good enough for Trina by seducing Spencer…

• Members

We've had characters in their 70s trying to control the love lives of their children in their 50s, I think we'll live with Portia concerned about her barely out of her teens daughter dating a man with a checkered past and clear anger issues. And she hasn't actually done anything yet BUT talk. 

They're in a real precarious place with this because they can't have her do anything too overt because her relationship with Trina isn't on solid ground but they also shouldn't have her do anything too underhanded because it would compromise the integrity of the character (I know we don't know her well but I like to put her in the "good person" category on this show).

Portia truly needs a story of her own, some character defining related to her job and a love interest that isn't Curtis. Brook Kerr deserves something to sink her teeth into, the poor woman suffered through almost a decade of Passions! And she's proved herself to be more than capable, certainly better than a lot of actors on this show who get a ton of bull to play out.

• Members

There is every reason for Portia to not want her daughter with Spencer after all the bullshit he's pulled since he was a child and well after they met. It's an organic and classic soap conflict, the trick will be if the show does some bad shít so Curtis can stare at her stonefaced and shake his head some more.

I would still give Portia that abortion rights story at the hospital I mentioned awhile back. Then maybe have younger Thomas Hardy Jr. chase after her, and either undead Justus or someone else for a bigger romance. She absolutely deserves real, substantial story of her own.

• Members

I don't think it's strange at all that Portia objects to Spencer/Trina.  Most mothers would.  I do think it's strange she cares more about Sprina than her own failing marriage though.   All the handwringing and guilt she had before the wedding has seem to disappear and I don't think Portia even cares about Curtis anymore lol.

• Members

True, but Curtis seems a bit torn up about it-even while trying to get with Jordan lol.  Portia seems completely disinterested in the whole marriage situation.  Was this whole story just an obstacle for Jordan/Curtis?   Not that I care either way, but are Jordan/Curtis the actual root for couple?

• Members

She objects because Spencer is a spoiled aristocrat who came back to town stalking and terrorizing his stepmother and immediate family, who's screwed her over more than once and whose psycho ex-girlfriend framed Trina and nearly put her in prison.

I think they want people to think so, but also aren't truly invested in major story for any Black characters outside of Trina in any way (and that was a struggle, let's be honest). That's how you end up with months of treading water while Donnell thinks about pre-ordering Tears of the Kingdom.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Fixed it for you!

Please register in order to view this content

GH truly isn't invested in their story, but I thought Jordan was the heavy in this great Portia/Curtis love and now I think I am supposed to root for her.  When you have a non-actress and a bored actor it's really hard to tell.  Where is Shawn?  I wish the show would bring that character back.

• Members

I also want Shawn to come back and romance Alexis.

Josslyn is going to push away from everyone she has ever known in her life and be all about Dex. Then she and Dex are going to leave town and go on a long road trip together.

I am excited that we are getting a new Kristina this week.

• Members

Accurate!

Shawn was so hot and so poorly used - his years as Sonny's goon post-Jason in 2013-2015 were particularly embarrassing. I never got over their dumping the planned Shawn/Carly romance, and he was surprisingly convincing as an unexpected tycoon when he got out of prison and took over the paper and gave it to Alexis to run. Sean Blakemore was the hottest man on GH for a number of years. I think he still gets plenty of other work and won't come back on contract, but I'd take him back.