General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I swear Shawn/Carly danced around a romance for months and months and they were good together.  It got dumped for Carly/Todd right?

I don't remember a lot about Shawn's story and I am still confused how he went from kidnapping Brenda to Sonny/Jason's employee.   I'd take him back in a heartbeat.  I feel like Curtis is a Shawn replacement in a lot of ways.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kind of, but they backed off it well before that and put her with Johnny for a year. I could swear Shawn and Carly was teased for at least a year prior to that.

And Curtis absolutely is a replacement. They even inherited the same love interest. Both men were disposable.

• Members

So Joss is not only a selfish whore, she’s also a stage 5 clinger.

Run, Dex! Run as fast as you can

Please register in order to view this content

You gotta work pretty hard to have fans be on Michael’s side. 

This Gladys and Ms Wu stuff is so pointless 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I'll be that guy. @Darn and I have spoken of this in whispers, but while I know Selina Wu is popular with fans... the actress is uh, let's kindly say one-note. She comes off like a dayplayer who fans cottoned on to (which I'm pretty sure is exactly what she is, if I remember her first appearances correctly) and who they then gave too many lines and proved why she was a dayplayer.

I absolutely adore the idea of them bringing the Asian Quarter stuff back, and I was excited when I first heard the Wus were becoming a real factor again several years ago. I'd welcome a lot more AAPI characters. It's so overdue. But this actress as Wu is not it for me. Yet you can't recast because fans love her.

• Members

Lmao! I know we joke but I'm telling you that man was more engaged watching Laura exposit about her memories of the Ice Princess than he was about the implosion of his marriage! 

*Laura slumped over in her airplane seat discussing the end of the Cassadines* and Curtis is there all *heart eyes.

I didn't watch this show for a number of years so if you had told me Shawn and Curtis were the same person I would have believed you. The ebony to Sasha and Willow's ivory if you will.

Speaking of race-based jokes, Selina Wu's Dragon Lady act isn't just bordering on offensive anymore, it just is. She literally slithers into scenes. Such a bizarre character played by, as @Vee said, a one-note actress.

And they explained but now try and make it make sense, WHY would she care or know about Trina possible being Curtis' daughter? Enough to mess with the DNA results? That's so lame, just so we can have the billionth DNA test result switch in daytime.

Not only should she not care, WE don't care! Because Curtis is a vessel without a purpose, absolutely nothing will change in Trina's life and Taggert has been stripped of his personality. The Taggert I remember would have been right there with Portia in trying to get Spencer away from Trina, he was an eyewitness to Nikolas and Gia! Which they refuse to bring up in any substantial way which is a huge glaring omission since this is history literally repeating itself.

• Members

Shawn is way hotter, and a better actor.

Taggert is a lot softer than he used to be, true, but I can buy that re: marriage and family changing him. He was also exactly what Portia needed the night of her wedding and was very good to her. The young Tags wouldn't have played it like that. I think his POV on things is more mature given what he's been through with the women in his life. If Nikolas were still around now though, yes, he and Taggert should have words about it all. And Gia should be back. I'll exchange Jordan for Gia anyday.

I still cannot get over how disinterested Genie looked in him lol. And DT deserves it!

• Members

LMAO not deserves it!

And yeah I could buy Taggert changing to that degree over 20+ years but at the same time I needed a hint of "Deep inside I hate this" from his dialogue. But instead he felt like a generic voice of reason.

• Members

I have never seen an actor disengage and be completely over his A-story like DT has, but then the minute Genie speaks to him it's like he's a brand new man excited about his job and character and life.  Genie, on the other hand, seems to prefer acting with the baby that plays Ace.

Please register in order to view this content

Shawn was definitely the better actor and much sexier and charismatic although if you told me DT was a recast Shawn I would believe you.

Selina Wu is pretty one-note, but her monotone delivery bothers me to no end.  Is that how the actress speaks?  Is it an acting choice?  I find it obnoxious. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I don't know much about the actress and I haven't ever heard her speak in real life, but I wonder if she speaks like a cheesy Bond villian off set.   She sounds bored in every scene she's in.  Which, fair, I'd be bored talking to Gladys too.

• Members

She's on the cusp!

Is she supposed to be a mob boss like Sonny? Why is she spending SO much time with small potatoes like Gladys? It's giving obsessed. All this so she can own a garage...

Can someone explain how and why Sasha has enough money to need a conservator? Was Brando wealthy? Is Sasha wealthy? I know she's a spokesmodel for Deception but is she making conservatorship money?