ARTICLE: ‘Days of our Lives’ Renewed for Two Additional Seasons at Peacock; Soap to Celebrate 60th Anniversary Season

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is such good news!!!

I know Days is a little messy right now. There are clear agendas that are for or against certain characters and some storylines are not living up to their full potential, but it’s still my soap and I couldn’t be happier about this

Please register in order to view this content

But I do agree that it’s time for a change. It’s been 6 years. Do y’all realize that in terms of head writing tenures, (if you count JER’s two runs separately), Ron is now second behind Bill Bell?

I do enjoy a lot of their documentaries

• Webmaster

Outside of the acquired series "Yellowstone," only Peacock's newest show, "Poker Face," and "The Best Man: The Final Chapters" have been able to crack the Nielsen Top 10 in terms of streaming originals. The rest have either been canceled or are in their second seasons (see "Bel-Air"). Thus far, we don't know actual numbers for any streaming exclusive program beyond Nielsen's Top 10 list. Additionally, each streamer can claim success for their shows any way they want, but only Nielsen and Netflix release any specifics. 

Otherwise, Peacock stating for the first time in a PR that "DAYS" is a consistent Top 10 show marks the only real data we have on how the show performs on the service. Hence, two-year renewal.

• Members

I'm honestly surprised they didn't renew the new Saved by the Bell series. It was campy and silly, but you had the nostalgia factor and the original's OG cast popping in (plus Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkeley as series regulars). Oh well.

I am happy for DAYS, its cast and crew.  In 2011 when we learned we'd soon be down to 4 soaps with GH nearly getting the ax alongside AMC/OLTL, I didn't think we'd get a 50th anniversary for DAYS... now here we are about to hit 60! 

However, much like an Eric Martsolf or Galen Gering, Ron Carlivati ain't going anywhere except by his own decision. I'm convinced he will be the person to pen DAYS' final episode one day. 

Edited by Gray Bunny