ARTICLE: ‘Days of our Lives’ Renewed for Two Additional Seasons at Peacock; Soap to Celebrate 60th Anniversary Season

• Members

If P&G had given a damn, ATWT and GL would still be on the air today. I know many fans, rightfully, feel completely demoralized at what DAYS has become, but I am glad some efforts have been made to keep the show on the air, that someone even cared at all. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Corday has his faults but there’s no doubt he loves his show and fights for it.  And that is why DAYS has survived so many almost-cancellations and is still airing.  The thing about the ABC and P&G soaps is that they didn’t/don’t have someone, an owner, who would fight for the show. And that’s a big reason why they’re not in the air anymore.   DAYS and B&B have Corday and Bradley. It’s more than just a business for them.  

• Members

Disappointed that there's no mention of making older episodes available, from the 1960s through 1990s.

Also sounds like they are going to continue to pretend that they are on broadcast TV and make episodes using broadcast TV standards? I would have thought that that wouldn't work for streaming, but apparently it does?

So no radical retooling of the show from what it was on broadcast TV the last few years? 

• Members

Probably a combo of being afraid of alienating their remaining audience, and Peacock not exactly having a lot of cutting-edge material anyway. Ron's idea of cutting edge is a gay man trying to rape two straight men instead of one.

• Members

This renewal is really great news.

Not surprisingly, posters here are using the renewal to offer their complaints about the show, including Carlivati. I complain about the soaps all the time, but there's a time and place for that, and maybe we should celebrate this for a day without complaining about what's wrong with the show.

• Members

And maybe when you finally work here and have any authority at all, it will be up to you what people do where and when.

Most posters here (myself included) have offered their happiness for the show while critiquing its quality. You can leave it at that.

• Members

I am happy DAYS has been renewed, but agree, PLEASE get a new head writer and maybe a new co-executive producer,   Ron Carlivati MUST go!  Also IMHO, Emily O'Brien(Gwen), Greg Rikaart(Leo), Paul Telfer(Xander), Stacy Haiduk (Kristen), the actor who plays Rolf, & Remington Hoffman(Li) MUST GO.  Galen Gering(Rafe), Camila Banus(Gabi), Kyle Lowder(Rex, but recast), can join!