Worst Story: Elizabeth's Past, GH

Best Use of History: Chelsea is Johnny's Bio Mom, Y&R

Worst Use of History: Cody Bell, GH

Best Umbrella Story: Logan vs. Forrester, B&B

Most Preposterous Plot: Stefan is Alive, Days

Best Conclusion: The Devil, Days

Most Shocking Plot Twist: Felicia Kills Peter, GH

Best Mystery: Who Shot Lucy?, GH

Worst Mystery: Who Murdered Abigail?, Days (I KNEW IT!!!

Please register in order to view this content

)

Best Villain: Sheila, B&B

Worst Villain: Thomas, B&B

Best Wedding: Mariah and Tessa, Y&R

Best Non-Weddings: Sami and Lucas/Craig and Leo/Gwen and Xander, Days

Worst Wedding: Carter and Paris, B&B

Best Couple: Anna and Valentin, GH

Worst Couple: Austin and Maxie, GH 

Best Non-Couple: Spencer and Trina, GH

Best Breakup: Ashland and Victoria, Y&R

Worst Breakup: Craig and Nancy, Days 

Most Tortured Couple: Eric and Nicole, Days

Most Tortured Character: Sasha, GH

Biggest Waste of Talent: Sharon Case, Y&R

Best Returns: Bo and Hope, Beyond Salem Chapter 2

Worst Exit: Quinn, B&B

Most Rejuvenated Character: Sally, Y&R

Most Rejuvenated Family: The Winterses, Y&R

Most Underused Couple: Kyle and Summer, Y&R

Most Underused Family: The Spencers, B&B

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Pretty fair list especially for Y&R, B&B, and Days.

I’m glad they called out Summer as being underused as it’s very apparent Alison Lanier has talent that is getting used much except to steamroll over a giggling Stafford.

And yes lol the Spencers are pointless. I forgot Carter and Paris even had a wedding now

• Members

gotta agree 

besides how many are still there? Bull, Lame and Witty, And Douglas considering he's the only one who's interesting at the moment, I wish Karen would Come back to spend some time with her grand kid and keep an eye on her trouble making brother, The show really could develop and Use the Karen/Bill rivalry they hinted quite often but never truly explored

• Members

Fair Enough! I keep expecting it was all a nightmare or The Devil is Still in Salem and All this trash will be undone when it gets banished back to hell or something like that 

UGH! You're Right! And to think how many possibilities were to Karen and Dani on the show, it's not often you get to see a Older Homosexual Couple in a Stable relationship on soaps, it would be so interesting if they were kept on Canvas, Really I don't hate Hope but The losses we suffer so that The Logans and Her can be propped are So tiring

• Members

After the list of Best and Worst, in the same issue of SOD are a few "honorable mentions" and other things they wanted to acknowledge for 2022.

Quoting SOD:
History High:
DAYS’s Sarah believing that she was the late Renee DuMonde provided fun reminders of characters of yore, like Alex Marshall, Neil Curtis and Don Craig (and the fact that Don just disappeared one day 35 years ago and hasn’t been heard from since), and set up an amusing stand-off between “Renee” and Anna, who both claimed Tony as her own.

End quote.

I have to *strongly* disagree with that being a history highpoint.
I would have to say that was one of the worst uses of history ever.  It was a horrible badly-written, badly-acted, stupid, and insulting storyline. 
They wanted to make it a tribute to Renee - but it came off as an insult to the memory of that character.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I bought this issue on Kindle for a whopping $3.99 having not read a Best/Worst issue of SOD for a couple of years and the magazine is a shadow of it's former self.  When I was a teen, SOD and box of licorice could provide an entire evening of entertainment.  Now this pamphlet masquerading as a magazine barely holds my attention for 20 minutes.  Although the ads for cheap figurines and medical alert bracelets that predate cell phones remain the same.

The best and worst list used to be filled with humor, as well as a detailed summary of the story they were critiquing.  I recall when it took up almost 20 pages of the magazine with notes about what happened behind the scenes, and multiple images. 

Obviously with only four shows they have fewer choices, but I don't get the reduction in the number of categories.  Where are the best performance categories?  Here's all of the categories from 1992 Most Improved Show, Most Entertaining Character, Most Overexposed Character, Most Boring Character, Best Love Story, Worst Love Story, Best Hero, Dumbest Hero, Best Heroine, Worst Heroine, Best Tearjerker, Best Storyline, Worst Storyline, Best New Male Character, Best New Female Character, Nicest Character, Nastiest Character, Best Triangle, Worst Triangle, Best Comeback, Worst Comeback, Best Recast, Worst Recast, Biggest Waste of Talent, Hottest Couple, Most Boring Couple, Best Husband, Worst Husband, Best Wife, Worst Wife, Best Crossover, Best Marital Crisis, Worst Marital Crisis, Worst Plot Device, Best Mystery, Worst Mystery, Sneakiest Character, Best Reunion, Best Entrance, Worst Exit, Best Rebel, Sexiest Character, Best Wedding, Worst Wedding, Most Shocking Twist, Best Special Episode, Worst Special Episode, Best Hot Topic, Best Parents, Worst Parents, Best Family, Worst Family, Best TV Trend, Worst TV Trend, Most Disappointing Show, and Best Show

All of that for $1.99

BTW the overlaps after 30 years are amusing.  Most shocking twist was Sheila on B&B, Best Wedding was B&B's Ridge and Taylor, and Best Husband was Y&R's Jack. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Edited by j swift