DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Where I live if you are a senior there is a cable package that for one tv in the 30-40 dollar range. This is mainly local channels, so NBC is included…so I can see someone with that package and no Internet beyond on their phone opting out, if their tv is too old without an HDMI port you can’t even cast from a phone to a Roku..but if your cell package has throttling or is not unlimited Peacock may be out of reach without help and a spend of more than what is advertised.

• Members

The irony! Literally, as the final NBC broadcast of DAYS had about 1 minute to go, NBC interrupted the show to those of us who watched the show at 12 pm. Literally a minute left in the show. I understand why they interrupted the final NBC broadcast - and those of you who get the show at 1pm will see the finale as will those of you on the other time zones, hopefully. 

• Members

This.

Here, above, ^^ did you see this 10 minute montage of great moments in Days of Our Lives?!! I'm not kidding. I want you to see it! Noel, have you seen this? Caroline, I know you want to see it.

Edited by Tonksadora
Just not wanting anyone to miss this.

• Members

I'm surprised they didn't pre-empt the whole episode. 

It's quite poetic. NBC didn't really care that much about the show and its audience to the very end.

Or maybe they did that on purpose, to encourage people to watch on Peacock without interruptions? LOL

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

Some people think that going online on their phone isn’t Internet, and well I understand if someone did not want to watch a show on a tiny screen…I Have access to two NBC stations, one ran a banner the other did not. I watched the station without the banner and was there a promo at the end of the episode from NBC?

• Members

Yeah, well 80% of US Household subscribe to at least 1 streaming network so I'm not sure those who are left behind are of concern to the networks/streamers.

Plus, Thursday Night Football is now exclusive to Amazon Prime. (Last night's telecast was actually a Sunday Night Football Special). And TNF has a much bigger audience than DAYS.

It's just the way it is. Shows like Lucifer, Manifest, Evil, Seal Team, DWTS, Orville, etc.have all made the move from OTA to streaming because that was the only way to make economically feasible.