DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's just a terrible stereotype and analogy. People should never be in a position to assume other people's finances and what they do with their finances. Or lack, thereof. Lastly, it's none of their business.

I don't give a damn if Peacock is $1.99 a month for the first year. Statements like that in L.A. Times comes across as stuck-up, condescending, and completely unnecessary.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Whatever. He could be a methhead, lol! Statements like that rub me off wrong. I'm not uber-pissed or anything, but this is not the first time I've read about DAYS viewers. Either they're cigarette smokers or they're Starbucks Caramel latte drinkers. To me, it's extremely unfair to make such generalizations about an audience as a whole. Thompson sounds like a douche.

Edited by Noel

• Members

LOL! Goodness. 

Please register in order to view this content

I DO want to clarify that I'm not hot and bothered about Thompson's statement he made for that newspaper, but it does bug me. Although I'm sure it was intended to be humorous, but to me, it comes across as classist. I think that is a very unfair assessment to make, and in a way, it feels intentional and deliberately meant to poke fun of groups of people. 

It's like someone coming into your home and saying:

"Well, surely you live on government assistance. It's just two bucks a month. You can easily afford that, right? Two bucks?"

Cause let me tell you something. I'm going to tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to excuse myself for about ten seconds, go to my nearest closet, and I'm gonna grab myself a baseball bat. I'm going to sit down in my seat with full composure and I'm going to apologize as I'm a little hard of hearing. And I'm going to ask this person if they would care to repeat themselves.

Comments like the one Thompson made for the L.A. Times is just plain rude, crude, and inconsiderate. And extremely out of touch. Maybe I am hot and bothered.

Edited by Noel