DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Members

Thnx for sharing some of your TV habituations & it did not put me in the mind of a KFC grubbin' lover. I found it a bit more charmingly techno-nerdy!

And I also am not surprised that DOOL didn't even tip a hat farewell. I was pleasantly surprised at the tweeter Angie's 10 minute montage of great moments in DOOL history & it got me rocking & remembering so many fine moments down through the years. It would have been easy for them to close out the show with a montage like that! But, I was also pleasantly surprised to see all the vids they'd done looking forward to their new tenure in their not-really-new venue. I mean they've been streaming on Peacock free since Jul 2021!

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I saw the 10-minute montage and it was nice for fan art. The Amy Grant song made my toes curl, but other than that, it was cute. A fan went out of their way to make that. Ta-dah! That's your DAYS send-off tribute! Not by NBC or Sony, but by a fellow YouTuber. 

• Members

I wasn't keen on the music either. Loved the visuals & do appreciate her time & editing, etc. I go crazy seeing Roman on the cliff & then below the cliff in Bo's arms, etc. plus so much perfect stuff of Patch & Kayla, Bo & Hope, Marlena on the pier, Alice & Tom, Shawn & Caroline, Victor.  I wish they'd had something good of Carly & not had her screaming & pounding the inside of the blasted coffin.

• Members

Well, she didn't have to do it at all and I implore her hard work. I'm sure the video meant and touched a lot of fans. It could've used some more Queen Kristen as I only got to see one second of her no thanks to MarDevil slapping her across the face. C'mon, man. Queen Kristen gave some good slaps to MarDevil too. Although the catfight was disappointing, I do fantasize what it would've been like to see Queen Kristen take the heel of her shoe and clock MarDevil on the forehead with it. And I laugh and laugh. Sigh.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, the DAYS 10-minute tribute video made by a fan.

Please register in order to view this content

All I know if that Peter Reckell did a quote tweet and commented that the video was great. I shouldn't assume, but if he tweeted it, it makes me wonder the reaction by those at Sony Pictures or NBC if they saw his tweet and watched it; that a fan went out of their way to do that and they simply couldn't or wouldn't (if that were the case).

Edited by Noel

• Members

The change to DAYS in Canada was announced on Sept 2.  Effective Sept 12, DAYS can still be accessed via the Global app; but it won't air on Global TV television broadcast anymore.
In addition to the Global app, "W Network" and "STACK TV",  there are other ways to access it, too.
The full announcement and specific details are here:
https://www.thetvwatercooler.com/2022/09/where-to-watch-days-of-our-lives-canada/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

To be honest, I don't think we'll ever see a racier, PG 13 rated, Days of our Lives; too off brand.

Rather, when this experiment craters, I think first they will make it free to watch on Peacock, and then try to get it back on TV. Whether the affiliates or the audience will have any of this is another story, but I think NBC will try. The episodes are already in the can; it's all about finding the best way to put them out there. And NBC is the network that flip-flopped on Jay Leno; why not flip-flop on Days of our Lives? 

• Members

Screencap of the current  @  nbcdays twitter page: 

Please register in order to view this content

--------------------------------------------------------

Looked at an old tweet.  They changed their handle to @ DaysPeacock

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Saw a tweet today that I loved & adored because it was a hooray for DAYS Rah rah go team type message about the move & it was from Laura Wright who is now Carly GH & used to be Cassie GL & used to be uh blank, LOL on LOVING. So that's P&G, Agnes, ABC, CBS with nary an NBC or Sony affiliation in sight & clearly she was just positively high on the soaps that are left without regard to affiliation. Go, LW!