DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There was a write-up in one article that got misinterpreted, and then the misinterpretation got inadvertently further reworded by other sites into something inaccurate.

The original intent was to mention that new episodes will be added to to the already-existing library of episodes that have already been posted on Peacock.

And then completely separately, to mention anecdotally, as a aside, as in "oh by the way", there have been over 14,000 episodes produced.

Here is the original NBC Universal Peacock press release:
https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/show/841e7af7-d958-474c-8e21-c8047418274f/press-releases/0c7e043f-07b1-4f7a-998b-85b08acd1f0a
(The press release starts where it says "DAYTIME DRAMA ‘DAYS OF OUR LIVES’ MAKES HISTORIC MOVE TO PEACOCK - Breaking News August 3, 2022".)

The Wall Street Journal tried to summarize the press release, saying:
In addition to the new episodes of “Days of Our Lives,” Peacock subscribers will have access to the lengthy library of past episodes. In 2020, the soap opera surpassed 14,000 episodes.
Free archived copy of that WSJ article: https://archive.ph/vsN4d
The WSJ wrote two unrelated sentences separately, but put them next to each other in the same paragraph. 

Then other news organizations and websites saw the WSJ, and read it hastily, and misunderstood it as saying that a library of 14,000 episodes will be available to view. That was never the intent, but it was apparently easily misunderstood.

So then one or two other sites wrote their own articles (incorrectly) saying that there would be 14,000 episodes uploaded to Peacock, and the incorrect info spread.

Each of the actors have been making videos asking viewers to switch to Peacock.  Robert Scott Wilson just did one and he said "Having Peacock means you can catch up on DAYS from the past season."
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cia4vzhpDao/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

And, that's a mentionable because since July 2021 Peacock has had 2 seasons up & they mean to keep on with that much, in case people thought that would be cut back, which it won't.

I for one still wish they would dally in some past classic DAYS but that's all that is, wishful thinking.

• Members

So my aunt came over to visit and she's still lost with the move. I told her exactly what to do but she didn't want to watch it on her phone. I told her that she could watch it on her TV.  Problem she has no WiFi to view it on her TV.  I'm sure many are in my aunt's shoes.

The transition I'm sure are giving people headaches.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

She doesn't own one. She only has a phone with internet. She's going to check if she can find a deal on internet so I can install peacock for her on the TV. She's not tech savvy and neither is her son because I had to explain it to her after explaining it to him to help his mom out.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I'm sure she could buy one but she wants the full tv view like she's always had. I told her that she had only September for the $1.99 deal. So if she can't get WiFi by then Days Of Our Lives will lose a viewer. She hasn't watched since Friday when it went off the air.