DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Reading between the lines, it sounds like even the affiliates were taken aback by this move as they had by all accounts planned and committed to airing DAYS for the 2022-23 season. DAYS might not have been doing blockbuster numbers on broadcast, but now they're stuck trying to fill a hole in their schedule with... Dateline reruns?

This was clearly a last-minute desperation move to try and save Peacock, not kill DAYS. It's just how it'll likely play out.

• Members

Is Peter Reckell actually back filming or are they just using his latest Peacock promotion to get viewers to subscribe?  If he isn't back on set filming, then when did he record this I wonder?  He says he'll be 'watching' on Peacock.

Forgive my cynicism but Days has made a habit of using these vets to get eyeballs on the show for previous Sweeps periods or other nonsense and none of it actually meets expectations. 

• Members

My local NBC station published a primer today that included this:

New episodes of the show will be available weekdays starting at 5 a.m., Central Time.

It also said that shows will be available for viewers who aren't Peacock subscribers:

There are multiple tiers for Peacock subscribers.

• Free – This will let you watch the new daily episodes, plus up to 100 past episodes.
  • $4.99 per month – This will let you watch the new daily episodes, ALL past episodes and exclusive shows like “Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem.”
  • $9.99 per month – This will let you watch the new and ALL past episodes and the exclusive shows all ad-free!

• Members

Do you have a link for this?  I believe you; but it's not what we've been told.
We've been told that there are multiple tiers of Peacock but
starting Sept 12,  DAYS will be only on the paid versions and not on the free version.  Perhaps your local station is misinformed?
I'd be curious to see exactly what/how your station explains things if there is a link.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Errol will you be posting things from yesterday after the holiday weekend? 

before everything is going behind the paywall a few months of episodes were free so they are using bad info. Is the move in Canada a big deal?

• Members

I prefer to be optimistic. The fact that NBC is considering giving back the 10E/9C slot back to affiliates is further evidence the company has significant issues. Could this have been planned better? Of course, but NBC seems to be scrambling generally.

The good news about streaming is that folks who wait to get on-board weeks or months from now, will be able to catch up on the post-NBC episodes. Honestly, I've been bingeing 3-4 months at a time for the past 3 years. I find it so much more enjoyable because I can FF through a lot of stuff. Streaming actually got me back to watching DAYS. I was a lapsed viewer for longer than I'll ever admit. I'm sure I'm not alone.