DAYS: August 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was wondering the same thing about AZ.  Maybe AZ just understands how to use crutches better than Ali Sweeney who looked ridiculous those few days Sami had an injured ankle.

I liked Shin when he was a B/C character and thought he was fine.  Now that he's getting actual material it's noticeable Remington Hoffman is not a very natural actor.

• Members

Tbh, I am unclear on pretty much everything about Dimera.  What it does, why people want to be in charge, who's in charge most of the time, etc.  It's not even something Stefano ever talked about for most of his run.  Was it ever even mentioned before the 2010's?  I assumed Stefano always made money off of shady dealings and investments.  

• Members

I don't like business stories period, but you are right this isn't a story.  It's just a bunch of people having scenes about trading shares and who's CEO.  I still have no idea how John's Basic Black company became Dimera owned.

Stefano had underground kingdoms in Paris and was brain washing people to destroy the Bradys.  He didn't have time for this nonsense and none of kids ever showed any interest in Dimera until EJ appeared.  Peter, Kristen, Lexie, etc all had real jobs.  Ej's a lawyer, Gabi could work for Basic Black, and Chad could get a career.  I would not be sad if tomorrow they dropped everything about Dimera and never spoke of it again.  I would not ask questions.

Thanks!  I was almost positive it wasn't a thing until (fairly) recently.

• Members

@SoapsudsI don't think I have ever enjoyed a business story on Days.  Maybe when Billie made her cosmetics and it intertwined with Titan and Kate?  Some of the Anderson Manufacturing stories sound interesting from the 70's though.

I do remember liking the Deception, ELQ, and L&B hi jinks on GH, but I think that's because I liked the characters and the business(es) seemed like plausible real-life entities.  Something Dimera doesn't even pretend to be.

• Members

That boop on the nose that Chad gave Sonny 

Please register in order to view this content

Johnny/Ava? Idk about an actual coupling, but I wouldn't mind a hot affair. But once again, I see another missed opportunity for Tripp. I would've liked to have seen his reaction to it.

Allie annoyed me today though. She's been a real dick lately. First with Lucas, and now with Ava. If I was Ava, I would've punched her right in the face the second she threatened to use Henry against me 

And, Father Xander 

Edited by AbcNbc247