Days of Our Lives: November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Zombie Nick’s lines sound like they were written for Leo 

Please register in order to view this content

Mike Manning and Blake Berris are still killing it though. Maybe Corday needs to pull a Frank Valentini for both of them 

So far my biggest complaint about Possession 2.0 is that too much is happening off screen. We should’ve seen Zombie Nick break Jake out of prison and bury him, just like we should be seeing Doug locked away in Bayview. 

• Members

I forgot how much I enjoyed Blake Berris as Nick. I still have fond memories of the young geek getting drunk and then sleeping with Billie lol. Even though the China Lee story was ridiculous it was also fun. I didn’t care for Nick’s darker turn starting with his obsession with Melanie although Berris did a great job overall. Example of losing talent and interesting character all just for shock value. 

• Members

Why can't they do what they do  with Alison Sweeney. Have her come in once every blue moon for a short time and disappear. I would be fine with that regarding Eileen popping in as Kristin. But can we put a pause on all her other characters. I would like Days to redeem Kristin a little. Like have her be in a accident and her memory is wiped out for a while and then bam.. Evil Kristin is back.

• Members

Nick could have been THE character of the decade. There was no one awkward and geeky like him on soaps; it wasn't overdone.  They apparently couldn't handle writing a character that required careful balance, so they made him a psycho creep. The whole thing was off, because it was clearly the pills that made him screwed up, but then they just went "Ehh, oh well, let's go all in."

• Members

IIRC, he pre-dated Spinelli on GH. Hogan Sheffer introduced the comic character of Nick very well, and I was super into him and Chelsea. Then they bungled it very, very quickly by having him sleep with Billie, which could've been recovered from, but then it all fell apart. It was clear someone at the show (probably Corday) disdained the character type on a show largely subsisting on generic stud and heroine archetypes. Later Nick became some sort of psycho which I was not invested in at all, though I know people loved Berris' performance. It was all such a waste.