Days of Our Lives: November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Here's what I don't get about the "rules" of this devil story:  given that the devil can morph into anyone, but the real person can be simultaneously somewhere else (i.e. John and Kristin), is the devil within Marlena, or is Marlena being held somewhere and the devil morphs into her?  Because why did the devil move from Doug to Marlena if it could always just morph into anyone?

Science fiction requires rules for it to have some meaning and the devil's rules are very confusing...

Also, why is the devil's vendetta so personal to this set of people rather than trying to spread evil everywhere?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the devil's rules are whatever Ron Carlivati pulls out of his ass on any given day

Please register in order to view this content

I don't even try to make sense of it and just try to enjoy individual scenes and seeing Deidre have fun. We had the devil jumping from Doug to Marlena, then appearing in Marlena's phone as that ridiculous bitmoji, and now the devil is morphing into whoever it wants. I believe the devil is inside Marlena, and then MarDevil takes on the appearance of John and Kristen. It's not worth the headache trying to figure it out because it'll change by next week anyway.

• Members

So you raise valid points.   My loose understanding is that the devil is in Marlena.  The devil specifically wants(ed) Marlena to be his 'host' because they had so much fun last time and the job was unfinished.  The Devil used Doug to get into Marlena's body because she was less vulnerable than last time and needed a bargaining chip I guess.  

The Devil has always been able to morph as far back as the initial story (Kristen/isabella/monsters) and I guess just does it when it's useful because it doesn't want John or Kristen's souls or whatever.  Plus, John/Kristen being in two places while the devil is morphed into them I think makes it easier for the Devil to get caught, so it's not ideal to do long term?  It gets super confusing because the Devil left Marlena to go into Susan to be Kristen, but Marlena morphed into John herself.  It would have been easier to have Marlena morph into Kristen instead of using Susan, and possibly more effective, but the DH's and ED needed scenes together so the devil took the hard way because of Ron.

No idea why the devil is so invested in this particular group of people.  The devil is clearly invested in Marlena because it talks to her like she was an ex-lover of something and bitter at John due to the whole exorcism.   It's fixated on Ben/Ciara because it wants a demon spawn and I just assume it hasn't taken his devil plans worldwide yet. 

Listen, that is the best way I can make sense of it, but it doesn't really make sense.  And I assume I have just given it more thought than RC ever has. 

• Members

Thank you.  I''m just so glad you didn't say that I was taking it too seriously or reading too much into it, because I think every work of good fantasy fiction should set up a set a rules that define it's universe (ie vampires can't go in the sunlight or Superman can't go near kryptonite), it heightens the experience to have well defined cannon.