Days of Our Lives: November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

When you think about it, Gabi’s actually done much worse things than Nick did, yet she still sees herself as the victim. She’s a little sociopathic, if you ask me.

Nick may have been a homophobe, but there was a reason for that, and a traumatic one at that. Like it or not, he never tortured an old lady with a defective pacemaker or bargained over a newborn baby’s life. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Despite his initial gawkiness, I always found Blake Berris incredibly charismatic and that made him stand-out attractive on the show. Chemistry can get you a long way -- as evidenced by the way ZombieNick was necking MarDevil on Monday! If there was any way to get Berris back, I think the show should take it. 

Nick was one of Hogan Sheffer's best contribution to Days.  A nerdy nice guy . Who was unconventionally handsome.  Nick totally deserved better than what he got. Nick's homophobia stemming from his repeated rapes in prison.. Should've been explored more. Days should've also explored the bad blood between Will and Nick. Really build it up.  Dividing members of the Horton clan. As well as Blake Berris played a darker Nick. I do wish Days would've never gone that route. Since that was the characters downfall.

• Members

I started watching Days again (after a very long break) shortly before Nick came on board.  He quickly became a favorite and remains so.  There are plenty of other characters still on Days who have done as bad or worse things than Nick.  And he wasn't even all bad, even at the end.  He could very easily be brought back (assuming BB wanted to return).  I've always believed that he didn't get support from tptb because he's not the conventional soap hunk.  But I find him very appealing and he would have completely been my type when I was young, lol.  Nick being intelligent is a plus for me too.

• Members

Well, that was a side of Tripp that we’ve never seen before. Too bad this will all probably be forgotten and there won’t be any residual effects on anybody or their storylines. 

Good to see ya’s again, Mike Manning and Blake Berris! 

Please register in order to view this content

And I really do not understand how Nicole went from terrified to horny so quickly

In all honesty, I don’t think RC ever really “got” Rafe. This is the third time he’s been involved in some kind of cheating under RC and he was never like that until RC took over.

• Members

Has Rafe had any real personality traits though? I don't think I've ever truly placed Rafe in a box as such... more that Sony/NBC/Corday likes Galen Gering and likes to keep him around. He's an odd utility character that normally wouldn't last two weeks and here we are over a decade later.

• Members

In the beginning, I saw him as that typical soap hero, and I did really like him and Sami together back then. But now it’s like the heroics are all gone and he’s just a walking hard on

Please register in order to view this content

Because there were no stakes or surprises to it. I somewhat enjoyed it, but we all knew how it was going to end.

• Members

That’s true lol

Corday really should’ve stepped in, and from the moment he told RC that he wanted to revisit the possession, told him to make it serious instead of silly.  

I do think he can pull it off. The poison water story on GH wasn’t silly, and I’ve always thought that was the best thing he’s ever written. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

From hearing a podcast that Ron was on, it was NBC and Corday that wanted to revisit the storyline, not him. He just went with it.

I said this in another forum, i am convinced we are watching Johnny's movie on screen. That will be the twist at the end, we will see it ending with everyone watching the premiere of the movie.

Rafe is one of those characters that needs to go. They tried to pair him with almost every woman in Salem and it doesn't work. The actor is just too bland and straight up boring. Time to kill him off and bring back like Mike Horton or Austin or give Shawn more airtime.

Galen needs to leave and go work on some Hallmark Christmas movie. If I was HW, he be the first to go. Kill him off and have Shawn take over and give him more airtime.