Days of Our Lives: November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

What a dreadful week of episodes. I spent the entirety of Thursday's episode cleaning my kitchen and just had it on as background noise. An impromptu Bonnie/Justin wedding? Really?

My fast forward button got a serious workout yesterday with Ben and Ciara. We get it, you're pregnant. And what a shock, they're in bed making out again. When is VK going to leave yet again? This latest stint of hers is lasting way too long.

At least they're starting to use Shawn and Belle more. We got a peek of shirtless Shawn looking sexy in bed.

Team Abby. This Gwen stuff is for the birds. Jack looks so dumb.

Susan is back.

Please register in order to view this content

No EJ on my screen this week.  No wonder it sucked so bad.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had a crappy week and found the Halloween episodes to be so campy and out there - it was a great guilty pleasure. I missed the 'Nick' years - um, why would DAYS get rid of BB - he has complete presence.  Same with MM. Poor VI - Deimos was such a rotten character - even VI couldn't salvage those scene. Credit AZ with the best + most realistic reaction.

The Gwen reveal writing was horrific. Once Abby spouted out what clearly was the truth, Gwen should've owned it and flipped it: 'I was so distraught after I lost my baby. I came to the mansion to tell Chad the news, but you, Abigail, ripped into me. After I fell, I was still in shock. Dr. Snyder took advantage of my post-miscarriage trauma, blah, blah, blah.' That would've worked far better.

It was strange that the whole reveal was done in two episodes - no real build-up - immediately after that WTH all 4 in jail story. Sometimes I just don't get what they're thinking. 

Kristen: Are they trying to make us hate her? It was illogical for her to throw a tantrum after EJ's letter. Kristen's not stupid - she knows the business would be hurt with EJ taking her case. He's not abandoning her. So we get more bad SH scenes where she crumbles paper, throws her hands around and get irrationally hysterical. This is 100% a writing choice. It could've been so much better having Kristen tell Chad how much she appreciates her brothers supporting her even after all the bad choices she's made. 

Edited by edgeofnik

• Members

Gwen's entire story has been odd and disjointed. I thought the character and the actress were a breath of fresh air when she first came on, but she's been on a steep downhill curve since she got involved with the Devereauxs. I like all the actors involved in the storyline, but the writing for them has been terrible. 

• Members

The better choice: Gwen stays pregnant at least for a while. Chad moves her into DiMera mansion, which sends Abby to Boston (for MM's leave). That would've spared us the Dr. Snyder dud. PT/EoB have done best they can. Gwen mixing it up with EJ, Johnny, Tony, Anna couldn't be worse than what's been on. Throw in Stefan/Gabi dropping by.  Bonus: Gwen tries to make amends by taking care of the kids in Abby's absence. EJ welcomes Xander, his old friend, back into fold and that's how Gander connect.

• Members

I'm sure a lot of people on this board can write better than what we've seen. The problem, for me, is that the storyline itself is not necessarily bad, but the filler that's put in, in order to pad the storyline out sometimes comes off as lazy, or just plain bad. 

• Members

Brady's dream was kind of hot, I'm not gonna lie 

As for Ben and Ciara, they once again have a chance to tell a story that can have actual conflict between the two of them, but I won't be holding my breath.

Yeah.

As of now, Andre is Stefano's son. 

• Members

MarDevil telling Brady to lay Chloe down on the conference table and show her how big his "feelings" are was hilarious. Brady's face

These scenes were definitely the highlight of today for me.

LOL at Chloe disinfecting the table.

Johnny apparently is covering at the bakery. I'd rather see that than half of what aired today. He'd look cute in his pink apron.

Rafe is an ass. I hate him. Seriously, how could anyone like this character?

I FF'd the Ben/Ciara/Susan mess.