Days of Our Lives: November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess we could hope for a Kate Mansi / Marci Miller situation where Ron finally ends up writing the character more in line with the original portrayal once he's seen the OG actress in the part. Like other people have said, ED's Kristen was never psychotic or most of all that impulsive (like stabbing Victor). Insane, yes, psychotic, no.

• Members

Thank you!  There is something very menacing about ED's Kristen even in today's show and Eileen manages a very calm demeanor with Kristen even when her schemes are falling apart in general.  Plus it helps that the DH's and Eileen just really work so well together.  ED's Kristen is smart.  That Susan scheme in the 90's with the baby was pretty genius and took a very intelligent person to hold it together for as long as she did.

I never considered ED's Kristen a psycho.  She was driven to insane levels, but in a lot of ways John/Marlena drove her to her ridiculousness.  She wasn't right and Jarlena didn't deserve the craziness of her machinations, but John could have put his big boy pants on and told Kristen he wasn't in love with her.   Kristen's schemes had desperation and fear behind them.  SH's Kristen's schemes are just wacky and stupid and she gets in her own way more often than not.

Anyhow, despite my reservations about ED's Kristen appearing to John, I thought the show dealt with it okay.  It still is a choice to have them both appear in the same episode.  

I am fairly sure Lani did her own research on this and concluded it was Abe and Tamara agreed.  She didn't specifically seek out Abe to drag him into it.  Lani started it on her own.   Still wrong, but Tamara was kind of in a rock and a hard place and Abe isn't a bad choice for a father.

• Members

There's something just comforting seeing ED interact with Drake and Deidre. It's like no time passes at all. It's quite a choice having both Kristen's on at the same time when one is the far superior version.

I do like that the dangling Sarah thread has finally been addressed. Even if Rex has spotty service, it's still absurd to believe he never told anyone Sarah never left with him. But I guess Kristen texting Maggie from Sarah's phone covers that hole....barely. So do we believe Gwen will keep Xander from Sarah now that she knows the truth.

Finally EJ is back. I wish Nicole would just give into him. I know he was an awful husband to her. But I always preferred EJ with Nicole, over EJ with Sami. If Nicole doesn't want the secret coming out that she slept with Rafe, she should probably not have told EJ.

I'm not sure why the show decided Rafe and Nicole needed to have feelings for each other. I always enjoyed them as friends through the years.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I am not sure why Sarah or Kristen as Sarah just didn't tell Maggie she and Rex broke up and she needs time away from Salem.  And also, Maggie doesn't pick up the phone to call her to tell her a sibling died?  She just texted that news to Sarah lol.   I mean that's all Summer deserves, but it is odd Maggie never physically talks to Sarah. It seems stupid to still go with the Rex angle when it could fall apart so easily, but again this Kristen is dumb.   And no one seems terribly concerned they can't get ahold of Sami either so I guess it just a Days thing.

I don't know why the show is still going with Rafe/Nicole when EJ/Nicole have such good chemistry, but it's probably something the show wasn't planning on and got messed up with AS being off screen.  Hopefully Rafe/Nicole end soon.

Overall, the show was good today.  It's still idiotic to have both Kristen's on, but I am just a sucker for flashbacks so I'll allow it.  Even silly John/Kristen flashbacks make me happy.  I believe the mugging one is Eileen's first appearance as Kristen.  And we got to see John's awesome mullet again.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

The Rex thing was just stupid. It was not necessary and it created a gaping hole in the plot. You would think Rex would pick up a phone and talk to his parents or brothers or whoever and eventually tell them that Sarah wasn’t with him. That doctors without boarders crap from today’s episode was a pathetic explanation. 

This is what needed to be done: no mask crap. Kristen just simply sends Sarah to the Dimera island and has a forged letter written up telling Xander that Sarah doesn’t want to be with him anymore. Xander refuses to believe it, so he goes searching for Sarah, never marrying Chanel (Haha anybody remember that?) At the same time, Gwen finds some info that could send Dr. Snyder (who doesn’t get killed off so quickly) Snyder then sends guys to kill Gwen so she goes on the run, eventually meeting up with Xander and falling in love. Makes a lot more sense, doesn’t it?

As for today’s episode, I enjoyed it. EJ and Nicole are great together. And once again I will say it: Eileen IS Kristen!!!

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Amen! Duke sucks!

DF was on for the first time in 2.5 weeks today so you know what that means... it's thirst time!

Please register in order to view this content

Dear lawd, there are no words for how awful the writing for Nicole is! This fine ass man flat out tells Nicole that he wants to f-ck and she's just like, "Nah, I'm busy thinking about how I banged Rafe the other night." ON WHAT PLANET. Sorry, this isn't believable. Nicole has amazingly hot chemistry with EJ and nada with Rafe. EJ looked like sex on a stick today. Nicole should be doing contortions in EJ's lap while he licks that ice cream off her body. WTF is this crap? They're really writing EJ as a man who can't get laid and gets rejected in favor of Rafe. I just can't. I do at least appreciate that they have Nicole being honest with EJ, first about the phone and now about sex with Duke's father. Can we just stop this Rafe nonsense? Nobody is here for it.

They're really showing both Kristens in the same episode. Mess. Are we finally going to tie up the loose ends with Sarah? I sure hope so. It's never made any sense that not once has Rex spoken to someone in Salem about how he's not with Sarah. This is at least a more interesting story for Xander/Gwen than everything else they've done so far.

I do like Xander/Maggie together, but Xander talking about his love for Gwen is zzz. Xander picking Maggie up was so cute. He loves her. #Xaggie

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Seeing ED as Kristen was great and so was the flashback.

I chuckled at the credits as they listed ED as playing evil Kristen. 

Having two Kristens on the same episode was a big mistake IMO. I would've had ED play Kristen during the possession story. Once it was over fake Kristen could return.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Roman and Kate really don't care about those two.   I swear there was a one off line about Cassie, but I can't remember where she is.  Chicago?  And Rex is close with her still, but that's all we know.

I would definitely be okay with them not having Kristen on entirely during this period except for the Possession/John stuff and have fake Kristen return later, but the show has to double down and show them back to back in the same episode lol.