Days of Our Lives: November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

No one was invited

Please register in order to view this content

I would've combined the Doug drama with the wedding. Mardevil finds out that Julie is visiting Doug while she's at the wedding. To stop her mardevil transforms into Julie spilling Paulina secret.  Later on everyone arrives at the hospital to confront Julie but its the real Julie and she denies being at the wedding. Mardevil says Julie has lost it and must be committed with Doug. Later we see mardevil drugging both Doug and Julie so they won't expose Mardevil.

Later Abe and Pauline marry with no one believing Julie...

Mardevil should never have blabbed to Chanel the secret.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've had Doug escape the mental hospital. John and Susan escaping from the DiMera crypt. While all 3 head to the church. For a big confrontation with MarDevil. As everyone is already reeling from Chanel's reveal. You just can't do big reveals on the cheap. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Oooh...I like the Doug/Julie idea.  People here could generally write better for the show.  I do imagine age/contracts make it more difficult to show the Hayes on the regular, but if you are going to make Doug possessed use it.  It was a clever idea, but the execution hasn't been good.  

Also, Susan is such a nitwit.  The first thing I would have done was work on freeing John.  He has proven to be quite skilled in these situations.  I would not be sad if Susan was a casualty of Mardevil lol

That would've have been great if the entire town was there for sure, but the MarDevil stuff will drag on.  I am curious how it will play out.  I don't think John is going to be in that crypt for like 3 more months lol.

• Members

The simply can’t afford to have so many people in one spot anymore.  It like the 90s or early to mid 2000’s where you can the whole cast and a bunch of extras around. The budget isn’t there anymore.

one thing I noticed, what happened to the church? It got smaller and facing a different way now.

• Members

Well they at least could have had all the people in the episode at the church.  And cut out a few Ben/Ciara bedroom scenes to add 4 or 5 others.  

The church is now made of Styrofoam.

They are sort of cute!  settle Kate down with a nice guy.  Roman has had to spend years watching his exes celebrate their other romantic relationships at the Pub in front of him.  He needs some love.

She hasn't slept with Brady.   Which considering both characters is shocking, but she hooked up with his dad.  That doesn't seem to be an issue for Brady because of Kristen lol

• Members

I enjoyed the reveal. My only problem with it was the same thing that often has been on a problem on Days lately: Too Fast!

Everyone behind the scenes is always talking about how much time they have to fill when it comes to a soap, so use some of that time to have a great payoff for your storyline. This needed to play out for a lot longer than just one episode, and yes, there needed to be more people at the ceremony. Abe is Mayor, for Christ's sake!!! At least have some extra playing a photographer, reporter, etc. there to cover the event. 

And yeah, Susan is just annoying. She really wasn't needed in the possession storyline. If they're borrowing from movies for this, they should have her take the demon into her own body and sacrifice herself like at the end of The Exorcist. 

• Members

Susan babbling on and on to John was annoying.  She's not tied up.  Freaking shut up and do something.  

Unfortunately, Sal Stowers is not good at acting.  She's lovely but those scenes after the reveal were cringy.  Raven Bowles isn't great either, but she has a charisma that SS lacks so it makes up for it.