Days of Our Lives: November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting that Stacy ditched the blonde hair. 

I think she plays a better Susan (who's coming back but I don't know how long) - who is playing the 'Celeste' role it seems though of course Susan would sense the devil in Salem. LMAO. Can you see her going on and on about Cin's devil baby? LMAO

I don't keep up as much right now with the BTS stuff. 

I feel like we may see them be adjusting to fan comments from Beyond Salem (Leo)

THIS. I'd love to see her tackle something with depth. I also argue she played a better Kristen when the writing was more in line with Eileen's Kristen (2018/2019). She still feels like she's playing a parody at times. The breathy crazy eyes. Kristen was always calculating behind her eyes. Stacy's Kristen has the eyes of a horror movie psycho fakeout. 

I like her Susan.

I like Eileen's Kristen.

I mean this is the same show that casts Josh Taylor as Roman and Judi Evans as Bonnie. They can have 'two Kristen's. Not saying they will but it's a very DAYS thing to do if you think about it though I don't think either Susan/Kristen work as 'regulars'. Though visits also get tiring. 

She's "horrible" in certain roles, sure. Have you seen her in anything else? She wasn't this bad on All My Children. In fact it's what got her the daytime attention. Now she just plays breathy psychos and doesn't make it any deeper. She doesn't get Kristen but the writing is crap. 

It's ok that some of us like her (and you can hate her; I get it) - just not as Kristen OR Patty.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The moment Ron Carlivati began undoing his redemption of Kristen is the moment it began falling apart, and the endless face masks. The one thing Eileen Davidson has always done, which I do admit Stacy Haiduk has lacked, is having empathy in the role. As deceitful as Kristen can be, Davidson brings the vulnerability to the table for the role, and you can feel for her. With Haiduk that felt void, and almost makes me think Carlivati tapped into that. Plus, the writing for Kristen on Beyond Salem was different than that of Days of Our Lives, which further proves my point: Carlivati is writing to cater to the one-note portrayal Haiduk has been doing. Carlivati... do better.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

Well it did something for MarDevil.  I can't believe I just watched Nick and Marlena kiss lol.  Although BB and DH probably have more chemistry than Nicole and Rafe.  Anyway, this was an odd episode for sure.  The Devil isn't scary, it's comedic with Deidre in that dumb costume and 'witty' lines.   RC is really going for all the camp and none of the gothic aspect the original Possession had.  Predictable, but still disappointing.

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stacy Haiduk was unrecognizable and brilliant in a surprise cameo in Gillian Flynn and Jean-Marc Vallee's Sharp Objects on HBO. That showed me what she can really do. Daytime never has.

I think Haiduk is stuck in a thankless recast she initially made mostly work, which has been made more difficult by Carlivati pushing a redemption arc for Kristen with her in the role which is probably unsellable for the larger history of the character, tbh. He also doesn't commit to long-term changes with many edgy characters, gets bored and backtracks or regresses them often. He's done that at every other show he's worked on. It doesn't matter who plays Kristen with some of this writing, IMO. I think if Eileen was here full time you'd see her struggling against the heroine arc Carlivati gave Stacy Haiduk, and probably playing against it onscreen. I don't consider it the fault of the actress. It's like if they turned around and said Marlena was behind Stefano all along.

On a side note, the undead villains look exactly like Dark Shadows' zombie jamboree from the 1970 Gerard Stiles/Destruction of Collinwood storyline. @DRW50

• Members

Nobody should be playing the role but Eileen, and on her terms and her schedule. I'm glad she agreed to appear, but I can't believe they let Haiduk and Davidson both appear as Kristen in relative close proximity on two different outlets of the show. That's just handicapping the recast they expect people to watch. Just work something out with ED.

• Members

Eileen doesnt seem to want to commit to Days. She said that on a DOOL Beyond salem Interview

It sucks because I think her DAYS BS stint did hurt Stacy with her return as Kristen & it sux cause SH loves doing the roles

Edited by John

• Members

Eileen doesn't want to commit to a long-term contract. Which is fine because Kristen should not be on a long-term contract, IMO. She is a character who should come in and do controlled stints. When Kristen is on year-round it looks like what you have now.

• Members

I think SH is a great actress, she was really good in the Superboy series, yes I said it

I think she's miscast as Kristen and it shows

IMO if ED doesn't want to commit to the role, they should NOT cater to her at all. Piss or get off the pot is what comes to mind so to speak...