B&B October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The eternal problem of The Bold and The Beautiful.
The plot point might work - because the actors are good, the chemistry is good, because it is not a bad idea story-wise - but thre is no way to see anything coming because nothing is shown to be coming. Nothing is teased, prepared, slowly introduced and seeded.
Someone might be schtooping one character one week and suddenly madly in love with another the other week.
If they had interspersed the cuck storyline with a few scenes over the past month or so where Carter confided in Katie  - thereby giving us the Carter POV that was missing AND establishing the friendship getting warmer - this would have been enough.
Instead... yeah another thing that happens in a vacuum. Fine idea on paper but what happened to telling a STORY. Plan just a tad ahead. Give us the beats. Let us anticipate.

Urgh. So frustrated by all these decent ideas getting wasted on poor story-telling.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

YES!
Invent a dislike between Katie and Quinn out of thin air to add one extra layer to the fallout of Karter.
I mean, come on. It is so easy. There is so much padding with scenes that repeat themselves on this show... it would be so easy to add apparently-equally-mundane scenes but that actually build something up for later.
I am frustrated with B&B because the ideas are fine with me most of the time. It is the lack of anything around it that gets my goat.

• Members

I agree that one of the main problems on B&B over the last 15 years or so has been the lack of follow through on the love stories. People change partners so quickly...and you know they will...that you can't get invested in any coupling really. I know that the "supercouple" formula has its own problems, but I believe there's a happy middle. Such as, I can never get invested in who Liam is with because we know he'll just ping pong back and forth.

The Thomas and Paris thing is similar. First, it looked like something would be developed between her and Finn, and then bam...she's in Thomas' orbit the next week. Next week who knows? It could be Eric at this rate!