B&B October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah I am fine with it.
First Donna was the best pairing Eric had post-Stephanie IMO.
Second they actually, wait for it, TELEGRAPHED it for weeks and planted the seeds for that reunion so, for once, B&B actually gave us a twist that made sense AND that they had prepared - heck Donna's missing Eric has been a thing for years so it was actually, wait for it, in character.
The actual scene was, well, campy but I am just going to sit back and enjoy one of the few times where B&B tells something they seem to have planned out rather than thought at the last minute. 
And the fact that with Carter sent in Katie's direction, it leaves Quinn stranded in a way that could be interesting story-wise.

So for all my complaints I am not mad at it. Between that and the fact Deacon/Sheila seems to work - I wanna wait until the actual plot to determine whether it does work - and the fact we had a variety of storylines moving in parallel, I wanna recognize this was one of the more competent weeks of B&B we have had in a long long long time.
If they could combine this basic competence at soap-storytelling with those campy moments they'd have pure gold. Right now it is more a rusty bar covered in cheap metal with a glimpse of the gold underneath peeking here and there when Bell bothers to scratch the surface.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m still playing catch up. Paris’ fantasy with Finn and the sunblock was tew much.

Please register in order to view this content

Quinn’s, “For crying out loud, Shawna. What are you, the door police?” lives in my head rent free.

• Members

Not to overthink this but I don't think that's quite right.

It is saying that what sometimes people assume is a physical-issue ED turns out to be simply a lack of desire for a specific person or a specific situation that people, for other reasons, don't realize is happening. If you think yourself sincerely in love with someone and you genuinely rationally feel they are attractive, it can be complicated to realize your body's non-reaction.
It was a reasonable assumption that Eric's problems were ED because of his age but it turns out it was psychological. That's an error that happens a lot more than you think.
Psychological factors are responsible for about 10%-20% of all cases of erectile dysfunction and it is still considered ED.
Of course I don't expect the show to be thoughtful on how they address this - clearly there was a way for Eric to realize his ED was linked to Quinn in another way than a campy honey tryst - but it is neither medically inaccurate, nor issue-offensive.
It would be interesting to explore why Eric's desire for Quinn has gone despite him feeling still in love with her but they are not going to go there. They are going for camp and giggles coz sex is funny, I guess.

But I maintain, against the grain, that the storyline is not inherently offensive or degrading and that, told properly, it could have been as interesting as a cancer storyline or whatever.

• Members

Finn and Hope as innocent chess pieces whom Sheila and Deacon are moving around—it’s a cool idea. I’m not hopeful about the execution, though. And please no more Liam/Steffy nonsense as a result, but you know Brad won’t be able to resist.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I really don't need the character in any capacity, to be honest...

I was hoping that Eric would lose "it" with Quinn, hahahaha. 

Please register in order to view this content

Now Carter's moved on too. A Sheila/Deacon/Quinn triangle would be fun. 

I love Sheila and Deacon and he's the sane and moral one, but I hate that all they can think of is to involve Sheila in the eternal triangle.

• Members

It is so funny because I think just a couple of weeks ago I was posting here how, unlike everyone else, I had some fondness for Krista Allen despite the fact she is not the best actress around

Gorgeous woman if anything. Not sure why to recast a character like Taylor though, Sheila story notwithstanding.