B&B October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members
6 minutes ago, pdm1974 said:

The show works so much better if there's at least two stories in one episode. I personally hate when an episode is focused on only one story.

They need do more stories in one episode than just one like they have been doing for the last several years now. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
On 10/14/2021 at 10:13 AM, Videnbas said:

Once about every five years, I am reminded why I keep watching B&B in spite of myself. Suffering through endless repetitive episodes with no storylines and no character development, hoping for a glimmer of hope, waiting for something good to happen but it never does, and then suddenly, there is this unexpected moment where the show manages to be randomly brilliant.

Sheila/Deacon is one of those rare moments of brilliance.

Putting these two in a scene together just works, instantly. And it's definitely all thanks to Sean Kanan and Kimberlin Brown. I still think the writing itself is really not that good - the scripted dialogue could be subtler and more intelligent (after all, both Sheila and Deacon have always been quick-witted characters and are certainly capable of cleverer insults than calling each other "crazy" or "an idiot") and the basic premise (they are both outcasts and they should team up to get what they want) was repeated a few too many times. But on the other hand, Sheila and Deacon could read the phone book to each other and those scenes would still be magic. They are just that good.

I don't have very high hopes for the actual storyline. But for now, it's a joy just watching these two powerhouse veterans, with their long and rich history on the show, simply do their thing.

Beautifully said!

• Members

I loved Friday's show. This is the kind of fun silly stuff I need from B&B. And my first thought was the COVID protocols must really be over if he's licking Donna's finger - or was that a mannequin?

Sheila and Deacon are hilarious. They are the best actors on the show.