B&B October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am loving Thomas and Paris and their chemistry. The way that Thomas looks at her is very romantic and I like this more mature/acting right version of him. He's been extra sexy lately (yes IMO with the man bun factored in lol), with the way he's been looking and flashing his dimpled smile at her. He is smitten and I am looking forward to seeing more of them together. I also liked how him and Zende were matching in their black suits today and their interaction together. They both looked cute lol and I liked Paris's outfit today as well.

Hope is actually interesting with Deacon and I continue to like their father daughter/chemistry and Shelia/Deacon.

• Members

Once about every five years, I am reminded why I keep watching B&B in spite of myself. Suffering through endless repetitive episodes with no storylines and no character development, hoping for a glimmer of hope, waiting for something good to happen but it never does, and then suddenly, there is this unexpected moment where the show manages to be randomly brilliant.

Sheila/Deacon is one of those rare moments of brilliance.

Putting these two in a scene together just works, instantly. And it's definitely all thanks to Sean Kanan and Kimberlin Brown. I still think the writing itself is really not that good - the scripted dialogue could be subtler and more intelligent (after all, both Sheila and Deacon have always been quick-witted characters and are certainly capable of cleverer insults than calling each other "crazy" or "an idiot") and the basic premise (they are both outcasts and they should team up to get what they want) was repeated a few too many times. But on the other hand, Sheila and Deacon could read the phone book to each other and those scenes would still be magic. They are just that good.

I don't have very high hopes for the actual storyline. But for now, it's a joy just watching these two powerhouse veterans, with their long and rich history on the show, simply do their thing.

• Members

The Eric/Carter/Quinn story is bad enough, but having a lot of other characters meddle in it does make the story even worse. But I do think that some of the stuff that Ridge has been saying is funny. The way he told Quinn that she gets to sleep with Carter, and act like it's a sacrifice while Eric sits at home with two martinis waiting for her to show up made me laugh. Also when he told Carter that if he had learned about the ED sooner him and Carter could have helped Eric. It's just some of the stuff he says about this situation and the way he says it. Though, is being overbearing and meddlesome and this story is a mess lol.

I continue to love Paris/Thomas. Their chemistry is good and continues to get even better IMO. Thomas really does seem like he's into her and I'm digging this "act right" version of him. He's so much better & sexier when he's not acting crazed/obsessed over Hope. He definitely seems to have feelings a romantic interest in Paris/but he is also being respectful and is being a good friend to her. I'm looking forward to watching more of their story/ romance. That and Deacon/Shelia and believe it or not Deacon/Hope (their father/daughter chemistry is good) trying to bond are the best parts of the show for me right now. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I just checked on Paramount, I have allowed myself to get 42 episodes behind.

Please register in order to view this content

It was so easy for me to breeze through a week of episodes in a night, I got lazy. Here we go…