The Limit | General Hospital promo (week of September 7, 2021)

• Members

To me it feels like the writers put Curtis out there with everybody. Then Frank notices and Curtis is back to the same old/same old.

The character thrives when Donnell Turner is able to do what he does best. There's definitely a twinkle in Turner's eye when he's mixing it up with Laura, Ava, Nina, etc.

The best way to utilize him isn't sticking him with a kid. This show rewrites family dynamics way too much. I don't see the point of taking Taggert out of the family or off the show. We should see him more than we have. He was always a great character, and an eventual return from sister Gia with a  Cassadine heir (as in Spencer's older more down-to earth half brother) writes itself. A new first born would ruffle the Hell out of everyone's feathers.    <cough> Kyler Pettis<cough>

An heir that's earned everything he has as opposed to getting it handed to him could be a great down the line story for Chavez's Spencer.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I want her to live too and stick around. There are other people out there who serve less of a purpose than she does. (Like Sasha/Brando). Also I do wonder how things will end up playing out regarding this paternity storyline with Trina. Multiple people are going to be really mad at her, I hope that Taggert returns for it and gets some decent airtime. We haven't seen him in a bit. 

• Members

Same here. If this show were smart they would start building more family around Trina and keep her as Taggert’s daughter which basically makes her a legacy character. Bring in some cousins or something to start the next teen generation with Jake Spencer. But I love Taggert and hate the idea that he was duped. 

• Members

I've grown to like her in the role, truthfully, but yes, the writing hasn't done her any favors. Jordan lost her edge. You saw a bit of fire come out with Cyrus. I have mixed feelings but the character feels ... done. Unfortunately. But who knows? Maybe she survives yet again LOL

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I have come to like BNH. She’s a solid actress but she does give “generic Law & Order police officer with a ramrod-straight posture and a blank expression,” which works just fine for the professional scenes. I feel like VA gave stuff that wasn’t often on the page.

Jordan is such a sketchily written character that it’s hard to make much of an impression.

• Members

Gia could have some kids younger than Trina that can be part of Jake's generation, like you said.  And they did say that both of Portia parents our doctors, so perhaps they could recur or Portia can have a scheming sister who comes to town.

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I assume she lives? lol

Curtis all of a sudden "I never stopped loving you" as Portia stands there all angsty. I guess it could still go either way. All the talk around her felt like anvils of impending death ("you're so strong" "you've come back to us before" etc) but with this show? LOL

In the next two weeks of spoilers I've read I don't see Curtis/Portia/Jordan listed at all. Hmm. 

Kristina is back though (not sure if we see her). Ava asks her to look after Charlie's Pub while she's gone. A better cast Kristina should be attempting to take over Sonny's business.